SMP9 down?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Herbrin3, Aug 9, 2012.

1. SMP1, 4, 7 and 9 are all down. Why does everyone complain every time their server goes down for 5 minutes?
  2. Mostly, because there's more chance people might notice and fix it.

Note, if it really is 5 minutes, I'll be happy. But I think it's already been longer than that.

I'm mostly worried because I was moving a massive amount of items around, so I'd just broken 2 large chests; if those de-spawn and I lose them... I will not be a happy bunny.
    topdawg657 likes this.
  3. Herbrin, I'd say that by now your items have de-spawned. :(

Btw, USA WON OLYMPIC GOLD IN BASKETBALL! :D
  4. It's been well over an hour, now.

For the 2nd time today (my time), and 6th time within the past couple of days.

Can someone please tell us what's happening - at least let us know if you know what the problem is, and if it's likely to be fixed.

I am trying every few mins, because I'm worried I will lose the contents of 2 large chests that I'd just broken before it crashed (I was moving it to another location).
  5. Yup! See it keeps doing this to me... its making me wanna stop playing empire...
  6. If they have, that's about 25,000 rupees gone. Ouch.
  7. Oh crap. :oops:
  8. they only despawn if the chunks loaded so no one there they will stay :p
  9. It really sucks for us people on smp9 that got booted out of the server, because it says we are still in the server. Now if any of us try to connect to any other server is says "Sorry, you can only connected to one EMC server at a time."

I wish the server had a mind to understand that I am not connected to smp9 and I wish to be in Utopia now. >_>

EDIT: Okay so I don't actually "know" if that same problem is happening to everyone who got booted, but I assume it is.
  10. Mhm.

It's on my res. You know how busy my shop is? mmm.
  11. not very?
  12. what are we going to do when Jeb_ releases minecraft 1.3.2 ( atm we are 1.3.1 ) will we be able to connect knowing it is just loads of bug fixes?
  13. i got a chance to login and reset 18648 so i'm anxious to get on there and start working on my next masterpiece! i got something epic planned!

however if i really felt like playing then Utopia is up and i could go mine but I just gone done seeing the U.S. win Gold in basketball and now I have some games recorded that I'm gonna watch... Spurs in '99 baybeee!
  14. Who knows? maybe they are loading some fixes that will help the server run smoother and are testing it maybe teats why they maybe taking a while. I don't know about you but the server was really laggy after the 1.3.1 update so hope fully this is what they are going to fix!
  15. This thread describes the problems we are currently suffering, and the solutions planned to fix these issues.
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/1-3-woes.13535/

Why smp9 seems to be bearing the main brunt of these issues is unknown, although its popularity over the other SMP servers may be somewhat responsible, this is speculation though.
  16. Its not EMC's fault.
  17. smp9 is back up

please if you use anything on your res that even remotely might crash it, please hold off until this is resolved. please no massive pistons, villager breeding, etc etc