SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. I do want you to do it. In about 3 to 4 weeks. I really do not want you to do it right now. I need one more thing going on out there like I need a hole in the head. Thank you!

I'll elaborate since this has come up with many other people before you, and apparently, details are needed to understand this and why I'm saying "yeah I like it but not right this moment please".
    • A notice has to be posted ahead of time about the work on the rails along with any opening/closing times (no biggie).
    • I have to update the OP on this thread with your name (no biggie).
    • The work cannot leave the rails in any kind of unusable state. (It is just a game, so inconvenience isn't earth shattering. The 10 convo messages I'll get about it and the person who reports it in good faith but mistakenly as a griefing - and then a mod glares at me - are more what I'd rather avoid.)
    • The 20 in-game PMs I'll get about it. And the person who will be mad about it (there's always one...) and the 3 people that also have great ideas and they want to know if they can do them right this instant.
    • The twist that there is no extra room out at Sushi Drop for this structure. Which means we'd need to move where the rail lets off. Whether we move it drastically or just some blocks down would need to be figured out. The area near the Grinders might be tight too. We can't run into the spawner rooms. Rail Wild N start and Pigmentus are easy.
    • 5 more people will now pester me with ideas that I may love, but I really want to finish Fell before even thinking about anything else.

You people are trying to kill me. :p No, not you in particular fyregryph LOL - this really does come up a lot :)
    Everyone please keep your great ideas till after Fell is done! Thank you! :D
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. I didn't mean to add even more work on you're list of things to do/people bugging you. It's really weird how minecraft can be more like a job sometimes :p Fe(11) is definitely a massive project, it's going to be pretty darn awesome though when it's up and running!
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  3. You rock, ty :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. Helping out in this builds is just as fun a FNM! Teamwork is demonstrated and family is being made. :rolleyes: go smp8!!!! :) and thanks to everyone who has helped in this builds, you are awesome!
    khixan likes this.
  5. Fell?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  7. The first iron farm, not (feII) was griefed today or late last night. I got ArchDukeMelon and he took care of it. Yet the place still needs cleaned up.

What it needs is:

4x hopper
    1x enderchest
    xx signs
    10x glass blocks
    2 or 4x lava buckets

maybe more. not sure
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. ^ Adding to that it looks like the entrance to the railway at wild N had a minor griefing too.
  9. Well MajorHaze and I replaced the hoppers, glass, lava, and ender chest. So now the first iron farm is now functional again.
  10. You mean second right?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. After having waited around for some Iron golems to die i grew impatient. So i looked around a little further some doors have been open. Not sure if all the Villagers are even left. I'll need someone to go and look. I'd do it myself but i don't want to get accused of taking them, in the event they are gone.

Correction: We have some villagers loose, but the rest of the villagers still seem to be contained.
  12. I mean the first one you pass to get to sushi drop. The first one you pass after getting to Wild N.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  13. As in Fe with a bonding power of two, compared to three or four; Fe(III) or Fe(IV)
  14. Is squid doom functional? Nothing seems to be spawning apart from slimes.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  15. Squids are weird, especially on EMC. Leave (far enough to unload the chunk) and go back. Rinse and repeat till they start spawning. It's really annoying, sorry :/ When it works, it's decent, but getting it started is a pain. Squid Doom turned out to be a dud on EMC which stinks because it was a ton of work. You can get a stack of ink there, but you have to fuss with it a lot. That design works crazy great on a single player world, but it seems to be a headache on EMC.
    Tuqueque and TotoStyle like this.
  16. Ok, I'll try that, thanks :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. Wild North rail drop down fixed. Thank you for letting me know!
    Tuqueque and AncientTower like this.
  18. [NOTICE] The Fe(II) iron farm has a functioning rail stop using powered rail and detector rail. The concept and creation was my own :)
  19. I visited Fe(II) Sunday night (think I saw khixan there :) ). Looks great!

Simple to get to, and the rail system is very smart. :D

I might suggest a tree farm, so that swords can be easily made using the iron (otherwise it's a few punches to kill the golems).

(BTW, outside the farm looks amazing, my avatar head and my own head was like Woah as I looked up)
  20. Are these utilities meant for the people of smp8 or for all?

After I complete my builds on smp1, I'll be more inclined of helping other members and HxCami10 told me about this and I would like to help when I have the time. Even being a Smp1er and smp7er I beleive we can still work together.
    Tuqueque, khixan and HxCami10 like this.