SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Any reason why the nether farm has light 14 on the fighting field? I can't find any light sources. Ideally I want it at zero.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. the beacons giving off light now there?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. Now someone took the chest that collected the iron : /
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. Peps had me come out to the Nether Hunting Grounds tonight to check weird sudden bright light levels. Indeed, the nether has gone insane. There are light levels up to 14 suddenly in the nether with no source that we can find.

Wither skellies are not spawning anymore due to these screwball light levels in the nether. Peps has written to Aikar on it and sent screenshots.

Anyone know something about this crazy? Thanks!
    Sgt_Pepper4 and tuqueque like this.
  5. https://i.imgur.com/edonQqX.png

Sorry I just had to. This may get you some info maybe :p
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  6. Oh also, I removed one of the ladders to pigmentus so no one would even go up there. But this is for normal people. We are probably gonna need walls to prevent people also going on the roads. Which CAN happen. We need to block it 3 ways, from start of the road to pigmentus, grinders to pigmentus, and sushi drop to pigmentus. WHoever can come this way can easily use the machine. But just in case of griefing, we can make bedrock walls surrounding pigmentus so no one can get in. I can get SS. Or we can just make it out of obsidian, and make it impossible to get there. Just a possible thought that I did think of. Thank you
    ~Shyguy
    Tuqueque and 8808 like this.
  7. I have been to the nether hunting grounds and there was no problem but yesterday I went to them and I got 10 and higher levels of light. I suppose someone has torches placed or beacons underground were you can't see them or at the sides or on the ceiling. I don't know just telling some facts of how to make light.
  8. If you jump down to that floating island, you will realize there's nothing underneath most of the floor. The lava below is too far away to be the cause.
  9. At all of the spots that have high light levels, the netherrack on the ceiling above it looks lit up. Maybe there are lava pockets or something up there.
  10. Well forget that idea. All of the high light levels just changed to 0 while i was standing there and others went up.
    Tuqueque, Sgt_Pepper4 and khixan like this.
  11. Weird, ain't it?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  12. Weird
  13. I went and checked this place out yesterday and I have to say, it's all wonderfully made! It looks great and Works great! I love Sushi Drop and the Grinders and just the over all effectiveness and look of the place :D Kudos!
  14. there are glitches usually update it by placing a torc and breaking it or c if there r torches
  15. no torches out there. It was just very very weird. You think placing one and breaking it would help? It does seem to go randomly (the light levels changing).
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. Aikar hasnt replied yet to my conversation. Probably really busy.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. yes i know this it is throwing off a afk wither farm i made but try updating these blocks with any light source
    Tuqueque likes this.
  18. Well now the lights cycle on and off. I think the game thinks the whole time the lights are on cause when the lights go out, no wither skeletons come up. Perhaps the server is having trouble deleting flames from blazes from long ago? It's a very weird situation.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. There is a long standing bug where blocks will hold a light charge even after the light source is removed. Think of these blocks as glow-in-the-dark blocks. They are hit by a light, store the charge, then emit it after the original light source is removed. (Yes, their light spreads to their neighbors a the usual -1 rate).

To find the broken blocks (which can be air blocks) you have to monitor the light level as you walk around. Keep moving towards higher light levels. Build new blocks in the spots that have the highest light. If you build in the right spot you should see the light extinguish and the spot go dark.

I didn't take any screenshots of the last farm I built. But pretty much imagine a large box with lit up walls, ceiling, floors, but no actual lights anywhere.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  20. Well maybe the nether farm can use your help JesusPower2. It sounds like the bug. Anyway to prevent the light once we get rid of it?
    Tuqueque likes this.