SMP7 Lag

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by highlancer54, Nov 9, 2013.

1. What I have experienced has been going on for quite a few weeks now. It has been getting worse though!

Just last night in the Waste blocks would reappear after a few seconds.
    Mobs would freeze. They wouldn't drop loot nor xp at times.

Sorry I did not check my /tps. Will note to take note in the future when this happens.
    As of right now, [TPS] 19.9. avg. 19.9.

Idk if its me but when its laggy it seems to deplete weapons, armor and tools a lot quicker!
    Blocks reappear but I feel the durability of tools etc. do not regenerate after blocks play jedi mind tricks.

I have noticed lag in both Town and Waste. There is very little operations going on in the Waste from what I can see in the Live Map, let alone very few people. I'm talking 1-3 players (Waste) from when I'm experiencing these problems.

I have noticed there are more farms/operations in the Wild. I do not know if that is contributing to the lag in the rest of the dimensions.
  2. It's not very nice running away from mobs, at night, in the rain, and with 19.7 tps...
  3. Something similar happened when I was fighting a Wither-slight lag and it froze, but everything was good after until I died maybe 2 seconds after that.
  4. Ok, found this out. Whatever is happening does not show up in /tps very well.
    Most of the time it shows a full 20. Average also shows '20'.

What I am curious about, is how long the sample is for the 'average'. Day? Hour? 5 min?

I tracked it every 2 seconds or so, and this is what I got.
    Then I got kicked for spam.:mad:

2013-11-23_19.25.08.png
    Rainier6 and jknrlz like this.
  5. I have been working on my res and when i brake blocks i have to do it round about 4-5 times for it to actually brake
  6. Why is it that it happens to the peaceful server?
  7. The "average is either 5 or 10 seconds I think
  8. chickeneer, please come on right now, and you will see it.
    Thanks for the info too.
  9. Probably not. Darkangledav has 4 of those, and they don't seem to cause a problem
    THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  10. Thank you bitemenow15, GameKribJim, and Chickeneer.
    Each of them came onto smp7 tonight, while the lag was 'mild' and said that whatever is happening is not normal, and that *hopefully* can be looked into. So, if anybody sees them, be sure to thank them, especially since I am sure they thought I was crazy because I was asking them to hit leaves at my res so they could see the issue firsthand.
    Fortunately they were around so they could see what has been happening.
  11. THE_LEGEND4 likes this.