SMP7 Lag

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by highlancer54, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Yes, I got the same yesterday for a couple minutes with 19.8/20 for the tps.
    I am just going to keep track of who is on and who is not...and see when it lags or when it does not.
    Will try to ninja what is happening. LOL the DT of 7.
  2. Still not fixed, It is becoming worse AND more frequent.

Will be fine for 20 seconds, then lag for 20 seconds. On and off, on and off. It seems to be happening mainly around the time of this post. Particularly when hardly anyone is on and not much chattering is going on.

We have been measuring the TPS and the lowest that we have recorded is a 19.6.

We really need to get this sorted out. We don't get lag on any other server. Please EMC staff, help us.
  3. Checked on it just now, of course no lag was being experienced then. Let us know if you all find anything else out
  4. Thanks Chickeneer.
    I do not post every time it happens, however indeed it seems more frequent and even happens when few people such as 4 people are on (total, including myself). I have been trying to take note of things like the number of people on and such. My TPS shows almost always 20/20 when this occurs also.
    But it is weird because with 15+ people on there can be no issue. I will look for any mod or staff when it gets bad again and see if they can get on 7. And figuring pretty much all my res-es are on 7... means I don't play.
  5. This must be only happening in town. As I spent a few hours in the wild yesterday, and experienced none of the aforementioned lag.
  6. It does not happen every day, nor at the same time each day. It occurs seemingly randomly, and I dont see a connection between people signed on either. I did not really play much at all yesterday, but I will say, whether at town, or mob killing in the waste, that same lag was there. One time it was at my res trying to clear some trees. So going to the waste, tried to go mob looting, and the mobs would freeze up often. Mining, same would happen. I typically ask in town if others are experiencing anything, and on the bad days, all are experiencing the same exact thing. Doubt it is my connection, as I can go to other SMPs and have zero issues.
  7. This HAS been happening to me in the wild. I've been branch mining a lot recently, and when I dig through stone, ores such as Redstone seem to be suddenly popping out of nowhere. I then mine them, and they keep reappearing several times - and it seems to waste my pickaxe's durability.
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  8. That durability should only be client-side.

If TPS stays at 20; it isn't the server lagging. Either there is something going on that lags the client. Or a networking problem between you and the servers...
    THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  9. Yeah, we're currently at the peak of our broadband quota at the moment. Maybe that's what's got to do with it.
  10. My TPS is never reaching 20 anymore. It is hovering around 19.7 lately.
    THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  11. 19.7 is still pretty good... Ideally should stay at 20...
  12. When I was taking down my mall I would destroy a few blocks with Silk touch shears, then they would reappear immediately as if I never broke them and I would glitch out, have to relog and the blocks would still be there. The TPS hovers from 19.7/.8 for me when there is block lag. I asked around to see if anyone was running any massive redstone machine and no one replied they were.
  13. This is on smp2 (Ive been lagging alot)
    2013-11-17_18.20.42.png
    mba2012 and jknrlz like this.
  14. I was just on smp7, in the wild and I was breaking some blocks. I was getting this same lag that others were getting. I looked at the tps and it was 19.9. The average has also changed now to 19.9, I'm guessing this isn't too good...
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  15. It might be issues with the network code changes... but that would affect all servers...

Things will be changing here soon, with my network changes undone, so maybe that will help.
    AmusedStew likes this.
  16. No problem Aikar. Its all an evolving, changing process as anyone in the IT field well knows. I just had to bring it up since I have been on EMC a ton, and did not know if it was on anybody's radar. I did try to check as much as possible to be sure it was not my hardware and connection before posting about it.

So, when will we have another 'coding' video broadcast with the great Aikar? I missed the first one sadly. :(
  17. Lance your alive!
  18. Yes, still alive! Though this past week and a half has been hectic for me. I will be on soon enough though.