smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Dang I was really messing up yesterday :( That kid was annoying me while I was doing the board.
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. I am going to start two organisations at the outpost soon. They will be the anti-griefing group who will help people recover from griefing etc. and a derelict group who will go around and make sure every building is being used and unused buildings are either used again or demolished.
  3. I would love to join the community of llo! :D
    May i be welcomed in to it? I have some friends there.
  4. Sure. Welcome on board. I sent you the maps and links.
  5. Great idea. I also added the "Creeper Safety Foundation". Main task it help to light up dark areas and provide torches / other light sources.
  6. Ok. I have begun working on the rail expansion to the grave yard. I am working on the rail and will soon begin working on the stations along the line. When you go along to the desert do not go onto the new rail at the end station that will soon be connected.
  7. That's a pretty impressive achievement.
  8. Yes, it is. Shall I add you to the new member board as well? ;P
  9. Just to mention. My internet went haywire while I was inside the station near the sir airbear skyscraper. I will try to get on soon. But meanwhile can people no fix the sandstone covering the redstone wiring as I am scared I will spawn in some on this blocks if they are fixed. Also the first stage of the expansion of the rail northwards is almost complete. I am working on getting the station fixed up.
  10. I added fences around the holes so others don't fall in. I'm sure you'll fix up the damage when you have finished inspecting the redstone but just to be clear you can't make any changes to that station at all. I have very strong opinions about it.

I hope your work on the north line isn't going to be wasted. If you build stuff by yourself without working with others while we're all working on a community-wide plan you might just be adding to the mess and confusion.
  11. Does he also need to write you an essay of 1000 words since you feel very strongly about that?
  12. I am not going to modify the station I only wanted to know how it works.
  13. I am getting close to having the station and northern line extension complete. Once this stage is complete it will take you to the bride to the swamp. I will expand it to the graveyard ASAP.
  14. The station is not complete yet. Please do not modify it in anyway until I know I can't get on to finish it.
  15. District 6 residents, today I will be connecting the Community Tower to your rail system. What leaves the glass tunnel is temporary unless you want to make it permanent. I will be avoiding major structures and trying to make the rail shot as short as possible. No more boats for me and panda!

Once this is connected I hope it will increase some traffic to the tower. I encourage members to claim a floor, right now the tower residents are Panda, LZ, and myself, there are still floors that are unclaimed. If you find a floor without a sign you can claim it! Furnishing of the tower has begun and I'm glad to say we now have a useless computer cafe with 4 laptops!

See you around,
    nino
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres, Omeletrice and 3 others like this.
  16. Hi All,

This is a LLO public service announcement to all that use the nether outpost grinders. Please DO NOT afk for more than 10-15 minutes at a time on these. I woke up this morning and decided to check on them since I saw two people on them afk last night before I went to bed. There were over 1300 in all 3 grinders. This has to stop. These were built for LLO and for the public as a favor. LLO needs to lead by example and make sure that we are making the servers BETTER, not LAGGY.

Thanks,
    LZBZ_DW
  17. I'm omnipresent, I'm on all the boards at once!
  18. Yeah, i was trying to get to the other grinder, as it looked like most of the mobs where in there. It took me ~40 minutes to get from LZBZ_DW's grinder to the bridge to Secret's grinder. This all due to lag. Normal walking time to said point is normally about 15 seconds...
  19. To be honest, what these guys have done is a great feat time/resource/engineering wise. But I think we as a community should remove our paths to the grinders. We have started to attract folks who only want access to "special services" instead of being part of the group we have at the post.

LZ, I can think of a few folks off the top of my head who were basically living there. I'd have liked to live there as well but my computer can't handle entities over 200. Maybe if we approach them, they can ration themselves better? It's also a bad case of "I tell two friends, they tell two friends" etc.

I also noticed some griefing along the pathway, where someone just walled off the LLO tunnel for a long ways. I cleared it but when I hit the wall of lag I turned around.

Also Shavingfoam, your lighthouse is the closest structure with a rail to the Tower rail. I've brought it right outside your doorstep, would it be alright if I connected it?
  20. Thanks for the input K123nino, I have also seen a few people who live out there. There are a couple repeat offenders on the AFK issue, and I will be talking with them in private. I hope that we can all work together to prevent this from happening again in the future.
    If you see somebody at one of the grinders AFK and there are more than 200 blaze in the grinder, feel free to kill all the blaze and get all the experience for it. If people can not police themselves, we will be forced to move our nether outpost and grinders. If we choose to move them due to this issue, the coordinates will be given to EMC Supporters that are also LLO members, so we can remain hidden on the map. I really don't want to have to do this, as I like LLO helping the entire community, not just our outpost, but we have to do what is best for EMC first, and LLO second. Please don't force our hand in to making this decision... I really don't want to see it go this way, but I am fully prepared for it if need be.

Thanks for reading.