smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. That's 9.8350362067255232615811923420296 views per post!
    (and yes my calculator DID spit out that many decimal places.)
  2. Actually CC7, i removed it today

Thank you
    Jakres and creepincreepers7 like this.
  3. ?
    i SUCK at math xD
    Jakres likes this.
  4. I remember calculating that we average 33 posts a day on this thread... So if I do some math...
    It's about 10,ooo posts a year...(Well over that but I rounded to make it easier on the eyes...)
    Which is funny because we've had this thread for less than a year and have 10,ooo posts... So confused :confused:
    Anyway, thats means if minecraft in general is still even played, AND the empire is still around in 4 years we'll have over 50k posts if we stay close to that average.... Now wouldn't that be insane.
    Jakres, L0tad, mba2012 and 1 other person like this.
  5. I wish there was a way to bring the story of LLO to the larger Minecraft community. An example of community and cooperation in SMP where the griefer never wins.
  6. :eek: :eek: :eek: That gave me a great idea. What if, we wrote books about the LLO and hid them around EMC wild/nether/even town! Then, we could spread the story of LLO!
  7. Greetings.
    Wait whats this? Me being awake in 5:35 AM? Ain't that a big surprise!
    Anyway, I'm so ill that my stomach hurts and i just can't sleep... I woke up on somewhere 1AM and threw up, and then i couldn't even manage to sleep again :/
    Been 4 hours awake then, and 5AM took my laptop cuz i can't sleep at all.
  8. Poor you. :( I am not going to like that post.

Me make LLO Documentary and put on you tube.
  9. Ok. So I will begin work on an LLO Documentary soon. Maybe released on the LLO's First Anniversary? I will need some people with non laggy computers to do some filming. And I will need some voice recordings/in-game interviews with some people(zulu especially).
    Jakres, L0tad and zulu9 like this.
  10. To answer zulu's question and facilitate mba's documentary idea, I do release anything I post here to be reposted anywhere. If I don't want anything copied, I don't post it to the web. ;D
    Jakres, zulu9 and mba2012 like this.
  11. This is my idea too but some people are careful if not paranoid about privacy or weird ideas about copyright / intellectual property.
    If anyone wants to know the LLO site is licensed CC-BY
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
    This basically means everyone can do everything with the stuff from the site if they name the creator of the content (probably refering to the LLO site would be enough).

I consider everything I write here under the same license plus the copyrights EMC has on the content hosted here.

So thanks phil! I will copy the "how I came to LLO stories". I think this could make a nice series for the website.
    Not sure if I will be able to get a voice record but I will try some options. I do not have a mic but some old mp3-players have a built in one. I will test if the quality is OK enough.
    I really like the documentary idea!
    Jakres, Philovanrood and mba2012 like this.
  12. I really like the idea.
    Maybe you can work out the timeline on the pad.
    It should be a nice tool to get ideas what to show in which order. People can contribute suggestions for pictures etc to use (by adding links).
    What do you think?

PS: Created a suggestion on how the pad could work:
    http://piratenpad.de/p/emc-last-light-outpost
    feel free to edit / start over. not trying to steal your idea just pointing to our infrastructure :)
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  13. That is a great idea! I will get an area on the pad for people to contribute ideas to the documentary.
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  14. Darn, zulu beat me too it. xD
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  15. Hehe, I was just trying out the idea to use the pad, so I added some sections to see if it makes sense.
    I think we can collect ideas, links, submissions here and copy them to the pad or everyone can just add them to the pad.
    This way things won't get lost in the stream of the thread here :)
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  16. So, today it zulu9's 365th day on the empire. So lets have a forum party for him!
  17. Congrats Zulu :)
    Jakres, zulu9 and mba2012 like this.
  18. So I got zulu to come in game and try out some stuff. I got some pictures of his 1 year on EMC 'Party'.
    2013-01-16_19.46.01.png 2013-01-16_19.49.06.png
    So, lets all hope zulu can come in game more someday soon!
  19. Thanks. mba seduced me into coming in game for a while no matter what.
    so I set my mc to absolut minimun (low view distance, no fancy graphics, default textues and running in a window)
    I got like 4 fps but was able to follow him around to the stadium and other places thanks to his patience :)
    here is a screen from my point of view. this is near the library ruins (we worked out a plan to rebuilt it too!).
  20. thanks :)
    Jakres, NINJATTILA and mba2012 like this.