smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Update on the changes to the LLO testsite asking for feedback.
    https://sites.google.com/site/jimbollotestsite/

Seems the issue of the disappearing background is solved.
    I reverted the template to "baseball", that jim chose but kept the gradient I uploaded while testing for the bug.
    This showed an actual bug in the template currently used. The weird rounded grey border around the logo.
    I think there is no way to get rid of it.

So the options are:
    • Use a different template. (This would mean we would lose some of the nicer things of the current template like the round corners)
    • Use the default background for the header (a blueish pattern that flickers on my old machine)
    • Live with the weird border.
    Soo. What do you think?
    Jakres likes this.
  2. Live with the weird border.
    For a bit
    Ohh yea I like the gradient btw :)
    Jakres likes this.
  3. We can change the colors (can make mor gradiants) or use any other image there. I made it mainly as a placeholder showing off the border bug.
    But thx you like it.
    Jakres and Jimbonothing64 like this.
  4. Because I got asked to post a comparison of the current site vs the draft of the update:

Current LLO Site:

Current Betaversion at https://sites.google.com/site/jimbollotestsite/

To discuss at the moment esp: Header area with the gradiant
  5. I like it. :p
    Jakres likes this.
  6. Experimenal on the testsite. Replaced the old old logo with an awesome rendering of the guesthouse by Jimbonothing64
    Jakres likes this.
  7. Me gusta
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  8. Another experimental edit. Tropical gradient.
    Jakres likes this.
  9. Jakres likes this.

10. Another variant with the image replaced and the tropical gradient.
    Jakres and Dwight5273 like this.
  11. Wow. I just noticed we were in the 8000th of posts. :D :D :D
    Jakres, mba2012, catwarrior7 and 3 others like this.
  12. The fact we got massively hit by griefers lately and still the LLO is still there doing websites and **** err stuff amazes me :D

Also that we can manage to have members (I am just one example) not actually at the place or even in the game contribute and care about the place.
    Sure we can always use more people to deal with the big damages and there are areas (I am told) that look like the warzone they are but
    WE ARE STILL HERE!
    And we are bigger than ever. I just looked at a shot of the map made in may. There was nothing in the west for example. Keep up the good work and I hope the website revamp will attract more decent players to help keeping this place as aweseome as it is and fight the griefers.

At this point also a big thanks to all the mods that banned the people. I know you are busy and it should be known that the LLO appreciates the care even though we are in the risky and chaotic wild.

More website drafts to follow. Keep commenting on what we should actually port over to the real LLO website.
    A screenshot of the old frontpage will be posted in the history section after the update.
  13. PS:
    The fact that griefers now use downtimes of login servers and alt accounts to mess with a mostly unprotected wild community shows how desperate they are.
    To all griefers: Get a real target, get on a server that allows griefing or just stop your pathetic way of playing minecraft.
    Messing with a wild community on a non-pvp server gives no honor, so pls move on.
  14. Can someone pm me the world save of the LLO before I was here? Thanks.
    Jakres likes this.
  15. Hmm. The only world save I ever got to see was made by omletrice and pandas and is linked on the LLO site. The link to the download seems to be dead tho (was on some filehost).
    Maybe PM pandas or omelet if they have a copy or even more saves.
    If they don't mind I would like to upload them to the LLO site too. It will help make the museum I guess.

Also: If anyone is bored make world saves of the place so we can repair more easily or at least have a way to see what was there. I never did that myself, maybe pandas or someone can post / link to a howto.
    Single player backups are the only backups we get. We should use that option.
    Jakres, Philovanrood and penfoldex like this.
  16. From what I saw the tree farm didn't look that bad... Just a few random holes in it. Maybe I somehow missed a side.
    Jakres likes this.
  17. Done fiddling with the colour of the horizontal navigation bar :)
  18. Just noticed? Man you're slow XD :p
    Jakres and penfoldex like this.

19. New initiative?

If I remember right omelet and pandas used this mod:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/258817-14-01-world-recorder-smp-new/
    It does not put any load on the server but just saved the loaded chunks to world file. So you have to run around the area you want to save and make sure everything is loaded on you client.
    Doing this for the whole LLO would be insane with the current size.
    But doing it for builds or smaller districts sounds like a good idea to help repairing after griefings, experimenting in single player when taking over abandoned buildings etc.
    So what do you say?

Or more importantly:
    Who has the computer and time to be a part of this?
    Jakres and Philovanrood like this.
  20. Awesome.
    Jakres and Jimbonothing64 like this.