SMP1Mall - Searching for floor managers!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by Faithcaster, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Yes.
  2. But being able to do that as a steady business, is not..
  3. I took a look at the prices. The problem isn't that the Sell price is too high. If I'm doing the math right, both the Buy and Sell prices are about double what they should be based on the Wool price.

Wool usually goes for 1-2r per block and that price is right in there where I would expect it. But both the Buy and Sell Carpet prices are double what they should be if you take the crafting ratio into account.

The crafting ratio for Carpeting is 3 blocks for 2 Wool, so the Carpeting price should be about 2/3 the price of the Wool plus I like to tack on a little crafting fee to make the price an even amount.

I would lower both the Carpet Buy and Sell prices, or raise the Wool to match the Carpet. The Carpet isn't going to sell at that price when there is Wool at half the price right next to it unless the customers aren't paying attention.

So lets say Wool is 64r per stack. Two stacks would make three stacks of Carpet. The cost for them would be 128r, or 42 2/3r per stack of Carpet. So 45 per stack would be a good amount. Then if you set your Sell prices using a percentage like 80%, you can make it attractive for other people to help with the stocking.

So a fair price for the Wool should be B64:S50 and the Carpeting B45:S35 per stack in my opinion.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.