Slvr's... Stuff

Discussion in 'Artists' Gallery' started by Slvr, Dec 30, 2017.

1. I don't draw very often. High school did a very good job of absolutely murdering any desire I ever had to do art in my spare time ever again. However, if I get *really* inspired, I sometimes can convince myself to whip out the pencil.... and I guess I'll put the stuff here that I end up doing. :p

But before any of that, two things.

1. I pretty much only do graphite/pencil. I hate coloring art, it takes forever to do, and it oftentimes my pictures end up looking worse for it.
    2. My pictures are enormous. I do traditional art and I scan them in on my printer at the best quality/size I can get. Open spoilers at your own risk :p

Post #2
    Post #3
    Post #4
    Post #5
  2. :eek:

That is amazing!
    Slvr likes this.
  3. Honestly, it's great! I can only draw things if I am looking at an example of it. So, basically I'm a human fax machine
    Slvr and TomvanWijnen like this.
  4. That is so cool Slvr, I wish I could draw like that :D
    Slvr likes this.
  5. :eek:
    that's better than anything I could ever do
    Slvr likes this.
  6. I can draw a stick figure :D But this is gorgeous! I adore dragons and always have so this piece really speaks to me! You should commission your work! Keep it up and keep posting these I would love to see more!!

<3
    Skitz
    Slvr likes this.
  7. I think that applies to more than just art :p
    Slvr and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. Woah! That's one nice scanner!
    How did high school do that?
    Slvr and Sydney4363 like this.
  9. Ooh, an art thread! Me likey...
    check your inbox for some.. requests ;)
    Slvr likes this.
  10. Thanks, guys! :D

Lol, human fax machine. I did look at the dossier for the dilophosaur in Ark to draw that but the pose was meant to be slightly different.

607: The teacher I had loved painting and had little patience for anything else and as you can see, I prefer graphite. All we did was paint, paint, paint, paint, and I hated it. Not to mention the hyper realism we got forced to do, and anything that wasn't hyper realism was instantly "anime." Because apparently regular cartoons don't exist, and anything that isn't drawn staring at something right in front of you can't be realistic. She was very strict and very objective on what *she* thought was art.

I'm interested in cartooning and fantastical creatures. I believe that if you want realism, pick up a camera. If I want to draw realism, I'll draw realism. If I want to draw cartoons, anime, or a damn elf riding a dragon, I'll draw that.

I'll take a picture of the fruit basket, thank you, I have no need to expend hours of energy drawing it.

Anywho... what y'all think I should do next? Keep in mind I'm really good at animals...I'm sorry, but people are boring. :p
  11. WHAT HECK that's really cool! I'm still learning how to draw figures, I might even take a digital art class at some point.
    you *should* draw an elf riding a dragon. I dare you
    Slvr likes this.
  12. I WILL, good sir!
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.

13. This was a request from SageCREEPER for a story they are currently working on. This is an oculus type monster with 7 tentacles, one of which is chained to the ground. Excuse my scanner, for it kinda butchers my shading, but eh :p Sage has another request that he made but I have yet to finish that one.

I did this one purely for the lolz since school starts back up shortly for me.

EDIT: Yes I know it's 12/31/17, I can't be bothered to fix them....
    ChumMiner, Harp4Christ, 607 and 4 others like this.
  14. They all look great Slvr!!! Love it <3
    _Devuu__, Impulsive_Egg and Slvr like this.
  15. LOVIng my request creature. <3
    607, Slvr and MoreMoople like this.
  16. I have a request

Draw a dog in a cowboy hat, and next to him is the SCARY Danny Worsnop and his acoustic guitar and country album.

99.9 percent of people can't draw this
    Impulsive_Egg and Slvr like this.
  17. I second this
    shyguyisdead and MoreMoople like this.
  18. I am lazy, and have made no progress on anything requested of me. Instead, in my free time at school when I don't have things with me I need to be doing, I began drawing this comic of sorts to keep me occupied.
    (this first one is incomplete. I have someone else working on finishing the lines for me since I tried to digitalize it and then realized that I can't do the lines because all I have is my mouse.... and I just.. I don't have that kind of patience. >.>

ChumMiner, RainbowPony, 607 and 5 others like this.
  19. Some people can draw
    You are one of those people
    I am not
    607, b0bbythebuild3r and Slvr like this.
  20. 10/10 would love to become a series. 10/10 would buy in comic store.
    yes.
    Slvr likes this.