/skip tutorial issues

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by wisepsn, Jan 2, 2014.

1. I'm simply proposing simple questions, with exact answers.
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  2. And it goes to point out, if someone can't complete a tutorial, then doesn't that reflect their rebellious nature and incompetence to satisfying demand of compliance of emc's regulations?
  3. If we have people who are skipping the tutorial and not knowing anything with a huge ego and start asking the most "duh" Empire questions in town chat, who cares? It was their decision, and does that type of person really belong in the Empire? Someone who just wants to skip and thinks they can know it, and even with a sign that says /tutorial to go back they proceed to ask tutorial questions to everyone doesn't honestly belong here. We are a community of people who listen and help each other out.

However, I do think Pab10S has a point, to me the /skip function is actually encouraged in the tutorial. One screen that says /skip is an option but you must learn everything yourself then is enough. Don't even mention it past that point.
  4. Also, the Tutorial does not give them much learning experience. Most of the questions are made for 3 year olds.

Example: Is it OK to grief?

Of course the answer is no!
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  5. But how would they know what's taught in the tutorial? How would they know what a "duh" question is. What you just said is basically discrimination against the majority of the human race(because most people are like that now :/).

Some servers allow it, so how would they know the correct answer?
    wisepsn likes this.
  6. Agreeing with this. Continuing to mention /skip encourages skipping... People might finally just /skip and get cut off from a few questions. There is a difference between this and skipping right away. You skip right away and it shows that you honestly couldn't care less about being successful as a member of the community. You skip because of a second or third sign, and it could be because you simply got sick of being encouraged to /skip and it was probably because the info wasn't that useful anyway. That does indeed need to be stopped.
    wisepsn likes this.
  7. *le new player

Hmm... I think the answer is yes![/badsarcasm]

Is there anyone who would think that's the answer? lol
  8. Well, that kind of isn't fair. A player might think it is a raiding type of server, or if it has pvp. Last week a player skipped the tutorial and asked, "is this server pvp". We camly answered back a "no." and he said okay and went back to the normal. This goes to show you that the tutorial can stop those griefers and pvpers.
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. Well, like I said. A member may not even know the simplest questions, that's why they do the tutorial. Other servers may be raiding/griefing servers and the member has to know that it is not allowed.
  10. All advertisements clearly state that this a no pvp server.
  11. Most players just read the IP and join. I bet you half the people who join and go /skip, don't know the name of the server until someone says it in chat.
  12. Not all the advertisements show that information.