Skin change, heads won't update...

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by ThaKloned, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Yup. Exact same issue. The one I placed on the wall is staying as the new skin.
  2. This sounds like a client cache. Because the UUID and timestamp is the same, seems client is cacheing the skin.

I'll see about some changes
    ThaKloned and ShelLuser like this.
  3. When you said they are on your wall, did you try taking them down?

When you said you put them in your vault, did you close the vault before taking them back out?

Try placing them.
    Then leave the chunk.

Come back - break them.

Place them in your vault - Close the vault (leave them inside)
    Open the vault (take them out)

Place them

Ta-da :)
  4. Tried this shortly after noticing that my skin hadn't updated...
  5. With yours, it might have to do with skin association of username instead of uuid

http://minecraftnames.com/lookup.php?account=RebelSpartan0826

What version are you two playing on?

I have my name changed, and it shows my newer skin - it doesn't update on some websites

but to update the head in game - all I had to do was put them in the vault, close the vault, reopen them, take them out, and place them

Heads is a persistent problem pre-1.7.10 are you on 1.8?
  6. Um... Yeah... You have to be to play on EMC as it is actually 1.8 now...
    ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  7. touché xD
  8. His issue is that hes looking at 2 diff heads with 2 versions of the skin. and his client is cacheing one skin and showing it over the other. Potentially need to do a different timestamp per skin url.

Should be able to just use the hashcode of the skin url.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  9. But its the same head every time...
  10. I think he means 2 heads as in 1 original 1 of new skin
  11. Sorry, but this confused me lol... Any chance there is an easier explanation to what he meant?
  12. Heads retain the skin they had when they dropped, and should never change again from there.

So you can look at 2 player heads of the same player with different skins. However the client seems to be doing some tricky stuff with it, and even though 1 head has a different skin, the client is ignoring it.

On the server the data is fine, its just the client is getting confused and I need to figure out how to make the client understand they are different.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. Ok I think I get it, but I still have the problem of even my new heads (got them after changing skins) showing my old skin.
  14. It really is mindblowing. I was on someones res last night and their head on the wall was different every time I looked at it. Even once I turned away for seconds and turned back to a different skin on the head. I thought you had to at least unload it for it to load some different skin or something, but it seems to load it when the texture is drawn.

What's more interesting is that the skin links only return 1 skin, so it's not that, and I've poked around the .minecraft folder and I don't see any sort of cache or place it's downloading skins. The whole thing just seems like a mess.
  15. Agreed Lol
    ThaKloned likes this.
  16. Is this now resolved? The saturday update sent out a change to hopefully resolve this.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. No they still seem to be going back an forth between new and old skin.
  18. It seems to fix new heads, heads created after the change but heads created before it are still super broken. I'll keep playing with them and see if this is true, but that's what I've gathered so far.
  19. put them in vault then back out.

Though simply loading an inventory should be running it through the filter code... not sure why its not 100% of the time.
  20. Ey it appears to still be an issue, though it's a bit more rare then before. So it must have been multiple issues and it seems you solved part of it?