Sim City (2013) (Legit's first thoughts)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mrlegitislegit, Mar 9, 2013.

1. DRM stands for Digital Rights Management. It is used by numerous forms of media as an anti-piracy measure. The problem with DRM is best described with this gif:

The problem with DRM is it's terrible at stopping pirates no matter what. And the stronger the DRM the more harm it does to the consumer. Always Online DRM is what Simcity uses and it has an incredibly large list of problems. An Internet connection is required to play this game at all at all times. If the servers are down, too bad, no game for you. The launch crisis has already demonstrated that this is full of crap. EA is making excuses that the multiplayer part of this requires an always online connection to function, despite the fact it clearly doesn't. Worst of all, when the servers are shut down this game is gone. Forever. Once the servers are shut down we have to buy the next game because this one no longer exists. This is why I refuse to buy this game, no matter how amazing and wonderful it is.
  2. The stuff like this sucks. I'm trying to think of other games where this is the case, the ones that come to mind are the Halo that everyone used to download to PC and play, also Fantasy Star for PS2 and that Final Fantasy that was online only, I guess most MMO's like WoW and Diablo where you buy the stuff for it.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  3. If your diskdrive broke your computer wouldn't be working right now :p
    607 likes this.
  4. lol I think he means the CD-ROM drive. Most people just call CD's disks now so it's "Put your disk in the tray" or whatever.
    607 likes this.
  5. I know, but this is how my Samsung R510 died:
    Games were getting laggier, then the computer began to slow down. I was getting BSODs every 20 minutes and had to run a rollback on the machine. The next day one USB slot broke, and then my mouse's software was uninstalled and it wouldn't re-install. I had to run another rollback because my BSODs were coming at me every 2 minutes, and then the fan was making really loud noises all day. I eventually gave up on it for 6 hours and left the computer to cooldown....that night, I was installing GameBooster to see if that would help, and then I had to go to bed after restarting the installation - so I left it to install while I was sleeping.

At about 3 o'clock in the morning I was woken up by my computer making a loud grinding noise and then I heard a loud bang. I went back to sleep, woke back up at 6, and the computer wouldn't turn on. I spent 10 minutes sat there trying to get it to turn on before it eventually turned on - but it wouldn't boot up. I tried to roll it back to the day I got it, but my recovery software never loaded up. It was stuck on a loading screen. The computer still works but it still doesn't even load up the recovery software. I ended up having to get an HP Pavilion G6 for christmas (which is alot better. My old on had to be rolled back every 3 months, this one has been going for 3 months and apart from the occasional BSOD because of huge memory usage, which is my fault, i've never had a problem with it)
  6. Still haven't got that to happen.
  7. That could have been part of your problem. I tried it once. Had to get a Malware remover/unlocker to remove some of the files.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  8. I think its safe to say that Llama Town is no longer a town

Also, I made a new city, called Coal Plains, which is mostly just to supply workers and coal to Llama city.

mba2012 and vividOptimism like this.
  9. Roads FTW!
  10. You're making me conflicted. Stahp.
  11. EA said they would consider a offline mode, but it will most likely come out in a few years, when the game starts to whine down.
    mba2012 likes this.
  12. Well, if you don't want SimCity maybe you should get the next big EA game. Because it won't have the same problems SimCity has.
  13. Instead, it will have other problems. :D
    Twitch1, Jake_bagby and mba2012 like this.
  14. Not if we know someone to complain too.... :p
  15. Well, Btribble is Maxis, so if a game from DICE has a lot of problems, he can't fix them.
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. Prediction; once the next game comes out anyway.
  17. Perhaps I'll buy it then. In the meantime, I'm going with Twitch1's idea. :p
  18. Is it bad I suddenly want to buy this for the curvy roads?
    mba2012 likes this.
  19. Curvy roads are cool, so no.
    mba2012 likes this.