[Sign Improvement] Dynamic and Colored Names on Signs

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by willies952002, Jun 16, 2018.

?

What do you think should be done?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2018.
Automatically Use the D.U.S. on Signs, and Color them with the Current Syntax 3 vote(s) 60.0%
Automatically Use the D.U.S., and Introduce a new Tag to use colored names 3 vote(s) 60.0%
Automatically Use the D.U.S., and Introduce an Optional Flag to use colored names 3 vote(s) 60.0%
Don't Convert to the D.U.S., but Color the Current Syntax 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Don't Convert to the D.U.S., but Introduce a new Tag to use colored names 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Don't Convert to the D.U.S., but Introduce an Optional Flag to use colored names 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hello Everyone!

Recently, I was thinking about ways to improve signs with player names on them, and thought of the following possible improvements:

1) Make it so that if a player types a player's name on a sign, it will automatically convert over to the Dynamic Username Syntax (D.U.S. for short), regardless of the type of sign. Basically... run the same code used for lock signs, access signs, etc. on all signs when they're created (the code that converts [willies952002] to [#user|75853])

2) Also, to expand on such a change, I am also suggesting that the names put on signs during the [SendSignEvent] handler are colored, either when using the current [#user|<user_id>] syntax, possibly a new tag such as [#cuser|<user_id>], or adding an optional flag to the end of the current syntax which would look something like [#user|<user_id>|c]

Screenshots:
  2. +1, I voted for "Automatically Use the D.U.S., and Introduce a new Tag to use colored names"
    FadedMartian and willies952002 like this.
  3. +1
    Sounds like a useful thing I would use
  4. +9001 needs to happen
  5. +1
    pls do this
  6. ..and not make it for supporters only.. lol
    Sydney4363 likes this.
  7. I don't really know what you mean exactly, ut if I understand it correctly, When you write doan a name on a sign, that corresponds to the name of an emc player, the colour of that name will change depending on the role of that player (Unless you have alredey colourd it yourself - is something I would add)
    To, as a result of the code you use, also have it such that your name on signs change when you change your name.
    (It's early for me, I know I do sometimes misunderstand thhings at this time of the day...)

The one problem I see with this is that there also are quite a lot of player names that are normal words, which means that maybe some random word you're using suddnly changes over time to a name, or that it maybe even colours blue...

Next to that, great idea :)
  8. well... for someone to have their name colored on a sign, they would have to be a supporter or staff (regular players would just be the regular sign color), but all players should be able to place such signs. The reason for this would be in the event that a player does eventually become a supporter themselves, it would automatically reflect the change, instead of them having to then replace their signs to get this feature on them.
  9. I'm guessing that in the last part you're referring to the world "Elite"? :p
    Jelle68 and Sydney4363 like this.
  10. I'm not refering to any word. I wouldn't doubt there are more people with a normal word as a name, most of the people who have names like that also are the kinds of people that change their name a lot in my experience (just due to not being creative and so just useing words and names they find come free in a certain amount of time.). The colouring probably won't happen that much, due to not so many people being supporter, but it could be annoying when it does.
    willies952002 likes this.
  11. This would be cool to see. :cool: