Should Ibuy FRAPS?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Stads0, Mar 11, 2012.

?

Should I buy FRAPS?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2012.
Yes, Buy FRAPS! 14 vote(s) 58.3%
No, Theres better software you could use! 10 vote(s) 41.7%
  1. I think your video records pretty smooth based on the last link''s into before your minecraft started but God, if my system was a laggy as yours playing minecraft I'd have quit playing a long time ago. Not meaning to punt your system but it really shows in the videos. :) But heck... long as Your having fun it's all good. ;)
  2. Try PlayClaw it uses less CPU to allow the Game more to Run with so I think its a Must but fraps is simple to use and It came with my PC so I use it...
  3. Just because we are used to playing on super computers xD
    nmanley likes this.
  4. Can you post a link to a video recorded with PlayClaw so I can see its quality?
  5. That has pretty good quality!
    Do you know how much it costs?
  6. can u use imovie??
  7. use hypercam 2 (free)
  8. Nope I don't own or have access to a Mac...

Yes I have been looking into it but people have been telling me that it doesn't record some sound(game sound or mic I forgot)
    Besides it being free do you have any other reasons why I should use it instead of FRAPS?
  9. Thanks for the link I checked the site and found that it costs $29.95, so $10 less than FRAPS. It all comes down to the reliability, accessability and requirements.
  10. you can record mic to =)
  11. Oh ok so it records through mic and not speakers
  12. yes :)
  13. Just download FRAPS, costs nothing lol.
  14. I'm pretty sure FRAPS does cost money and it is like $40 so that's why I started this thread to see if it's worth $40...
  15. I think you should buy fraps (I have it is good software but a little expensive)
    but only if you have a good computer! If your minecraft already lags a fair amount on fast graghics, tiny, short or maybe even normal render distance while you're playing I wouldn't recommend it because your computer probably isn't good enough for it. Also you should have some for of audio recording device because minecraft videos aren't good without sound.

If you have a good computer and an audio recording device I would recommend it is the best software I have found so far. Hope this helps!:D
  16. Thanks this answers a couple of questions I had! I didn't even have to ask, Thanks!
  17. You're welcome. :)