Should Ibuy FRAPS?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Stads0, Mar 11, 2012.

?

Should I buy FRAPS?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2012.
Yes, Buy FRAPS! 14 vote(s) 58.3%
No, Theres better software you could use! 10 vote(s) 41.7%
  1. Oh ok I'll just try it out without posting the test on YouTube since its watermarked!
    Thanks
  2. Does FRAPS have a watermarked trial period as well?
  3. I believe the trial just make ur videos 30secs long, no watermark tho...
  4. Ok thanks!
  5. Millions of 30 Sec videos on YouTube channel. That would just make me LMAO. xD
    _Stads_ and Supernanoman like this.
  6. Buy Fraps,Its awsome but a Bit hard to understand :)
  7. Lol me too
  8. I noticed some more people have voted that I shouldn't buy FRAPS, why?
  9. Here is the video link I made with my Bandicam.
  10. That video has great quality but how many fps was your minecraft running at?
  11. Why do you bother if your friends or anyone Knows about it :confused:
    If it's for free just try it. In worst case it was a waste of ~10 minutes, so why shouldn't you give it a try and see for yourself it it's worth using... ;)
  12. I was recording at 60 fps. I also ran this through Handbreak to reduce the size of the video file by 55%. 16+ min of video @ 869mb instead of 1.95gb. Also converted the audio to mono in handbreak as that's works best with minecraft audio playback on youtube.
    However the size reduction only let me play it at 480 on youtube playback even though recorded at 720P. It took hours for it to upload at the smaller file size so no way I was going to worry about trying to upload the larger file. :p
  13. I have HyperCam, It's a great free program. Although you do have to render videos in Windows Live Movie maker or there about 5GB every 20 minutes.
  14. Ok so that's pretty easy to do I have worked with handbrake before and I think I could handle that! :)
  15. Have you ever tried to upload it to YouTube? How long does that take?! And could you post a video you made using Hypercam here so I can see its quality?
    -Thanks
  16. Ok, I will Stad, You do need to use a compressor or the files are several GBs, You can use VirtualDub and download Xvid Codec, Much like you have to do with fraps to compress it.

http://www.virtualdub.org/
    http://www.xvid.org/
    I will go and record a video now.

Ok, It's uploading, I've rendered, It took it from 2GB to 400MB, I had to lower the quality some what though, So the raw footage is alot higher quality then what is being uploaded, Unless you want it tomorrow? :p

Personally, I would go with fraps because Hypercam does not record game sounds.
    nmanley likes this.
  17. oh ok thanks does Hypercam record through the mic?
  18. BB Flashback express is WAY better than fraps, once u figure it out. Plus less lag :)
  19. Can you post a video on here so I can see the video quality of BB Flashback?