Share your plushes!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, May 19, 2020.

?

Do you sleep with a plush?

I have done so as a kid, but not anymore. 10 vote(s) 47.6%
I don't recall ever sleeping with plushes in my bed. 2 vote(s) 9.5%
Yes, I do regularly have at least one plush in my bed! 9 vote(s) 42.9%

1. His name is Jabber. Like Gibber Jabber because he never shuts his beak. I acquired this lovely exotic colored bird in Southern Florida on the Gulf of Mexico. There is a shopping center called Jerry's Place which is host to many shops including an ice cream parlor and a grocery store which is the only place in that shopping mall to have public bathrooms.

2. It's a mix of my figures and such but there's plushies among them! This is the majority of my Hollow Knight collection! Accumulated and commissioned by over a dozen different artists and craftsmen! (Don't ask how much I spent...)
    CarFryer, 607 and AnonReturns like this.
  3. Well, bit of a story here then. I did have plushies when I was very young, but they are all long gone, except for one I received when I was older. Back in High school (80's) my friends and I were fans of the comic strip Bloom County and Opus. It was a cultural/political work in its day that struck a cord with many of us.

It was also quite common for many of us to have stuffed toys in our muscle cars, and though I myself had not intended to have one, someone felt that in my case it was imperative my mascot be one Bill The Cat. For much like myself, Bill was the lead singer in a rock group, his group was known as Billy and the Boingers. One bad cat, who also liked to party a lot like me. My Bill currently resides in storage back in my home town...

Bill The Cat

... included real album ^^

Top Hits

Edit; decided to change my avatar for the month
  4. Thanks for the bump, it was fun to read back my post, but I would like some info on this plush. :D

CarFryer likes this.
  5. I've updated my post to include a little info about the plushie and where it comes from.
    607 and CarFryer like this.
  6. How did I not notice this thread before :eek:

I've always loved plushes, especially when I was a kid, and I have several of them in my room to this day :D

Here's my oldest plush, Mr. Bear (creative name, I know, but I got him when I was two years old XD) He was very comforting to me as a kid, and I held him every night. Unfortunately I'm scared to have him in my bed now because I have dogs who would definitely chew him up if they got to him :( Because of this I keep him in a drawer where his safety is guaranteed.
    He has a voice box inside of him that used to play "You are my Sunshine" when he was squeezed, but sadly it broke almost a decade ago only to revive itself for a couple months when I was around 14??? It was strange :confused:

(I apologize for the sideways image, for some reason my phone made it like this)

I made these two myself when I was around 13 if I remember correctly! They were meant to be the same size but the one on top (supposed to be on the right) shriveled up because it's made of thin fabric while the one on the bottom/left was made out of a sturdy felt material. They each have a small heart-shaped piece of the other's fabric on their chests <3

I don't remember when I got these two, but they remind me of two hamsters my brother and I had when we were kids <3 Because of this, I keep them on my bed's headboard so they can be closer to me and I won't have to worry about them getting lost. It might be hard to tell, but one of the plushes has tan and white fur while the other one has gray and white fur :)

I keep them in these cups because they fit perfectly and look adorable :D (And yes, those are guinea pigs on the mug on the left! It's really cute :D)

This is one of the two plushes that are on my bed at the moment! I got this bunny as a present for my 18th birthday last year (How is it 2021 already O_O)

I really like this plush husky because it looks almost exactly like a dog that one of my characters from my writing project has, red collar and all!! This is the other plush that is on my bed at the moment, and he's really soft <3

This is a small plush Kirby that I keep on my desk! I really like Kirby but I haven't actually played a Kirby game. I'd like to but I don't have access to any at the moment D:

I have more plushes in the basement of my house but don't know where they are right now. I enjoyed sharing them with everyone and hope you enjoyed hearing about them :D
  7. Sadly I don't have any plushies i had from when i was young, but that's probably because i didn't have any major attachments to them. I do however, have more plushies ive gotten that i do have now...

So... ill be getting something very exciting coming in later this week. But, until that time, ill just show something i got awhile ago, pokemon plushie :3

AnonReturns, 607 and CarFryer like this.
  8. Nice! :D
    I like the public bathroom detail. :p
  9. I don't know! But I'm glad you did now. :D
    I love anecdotes like this. :D
    Wow, they are really cute, I love them! :o
    Those look so realistic to me that they make me feel slightly uncomfortable. :p
    This is interesting. :p
    What Pokémon is that, and how big is the plush?
  10. That's Kyurem, the 3rd big legendary from the gen 5 games (kinda like gen 5's rayquaza). It's fun cause, the main black and white legendaries have their own fascinating sets of lore established, and this pokemon ends up having even more interesting lore when you factor in the 2. But... i won't really share the full reason why i like this pokemon, unless your a weirdo like me who has played the AA trilogy and cares enough to do a double take.

Also that plushie is 13 inches.
    AnonReturns and 607 like this.