Share Your Music Playlists

Discussion in 'The Jukebox' started by Ritunn, May 9, 2017.

1. PART II

Sorry, but the forum kept whining about "no more than 5 images", and I had such a good post... :confused:

Love him or hate him, the man is controversial (in real life) but for many 'Hulk' Hogan was the real American. I personally really enjoyed his official intro video...

Warning: contains mild violent (wrestling) scenes.

Since we're talking music we're not necessarily talking lyrics, right? So here's a music video which may very well be one of the best wrestling entrance music of all time. When this music played you couldn't sit still anymore. No way.... It played, and the guy didn't just walk towards the ring. Oh no... He ran. And he went nuts. Ran towards the ring. shook the ropes, ran back and forth... This guy had energy written all over him.

Just to give a good impression... This is one of the shortest matches of all time, but it does give you a great impression of the energetic....

Warning: This is a wrestling match so viewer discretion is obviously advised....

Have you ever seen Cindy Lauper's 'Goonies' video? And did you know that most of the cast consisted of wrestlers? Well, you do now! ;)

Take special note of the smiley buttons: good guys & bad guys ;)

So yeah... Shell's WWE (related) video's :)
  2. Here's my playlist: spoti.fi/2wm1ucn
    There's over 500 songs in it, totaling over 36 hours of music. Perfect for long car or plane trips
  3. _Levy_McGarden_ likes this.
  4. Not linking my Spotify playlist for... multiple reasons, but here's a list of some of the stuff in it.

Lana Del Rey:
    Love
    Cherry
    White Mustang
    Summer Bummer - feat. ASAP Rocky, Playboi Carti
    Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems - feat. Stevie Nicks
    Heroin

Harry Styles:
    Meet Me in the Hallway
    Sign of the Times
    Carolina
    Kiwi

The 1975:
    Love Me
    UGH!
    She's American
    Somebody Else
    The Sound
    This Must Be My Dream

The Killers:
    The Man
    Mr. Brightside

Arctic Monkeys:
    R U Mine?
    Arabella
    Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
    Stop the World, I Wanna Get Off With You
    Knee Socks

More The 1975:
    Sex (ahem)
    Heart Out
    Robbers
    Pressure
    Undo

Somebody Else (by the same band as above) should be here too, but the music video is inappropriate for this site lol and any and all lyric videos are blocked in the UK.

As a Brit, it is my duty to love the living Hell out of this song no matter how many times I hear it, or how old it gets.
  5. I'm sure no one wants to see mine...

though i am pretty diverse in music excluding pop crap, blegh.
  6. Well aren't you the edgy outsider.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  7. Sorry, I don't like conformity. I am an introvert, I don't need the crappy Myers-Briggs test to tell me that. Also I blame my dad's black-out dodge ram he once had that has SiriusXM on it. Now he has a Prius...

Either way I blame SiriusXM radio for my "fascination" with the music I listen to.

Edit: Enjoy https://tinyurl.com/ShysDamnPlaylistEnjoyLitFam
  8. It's not that. Disliking social conformity is fun.

My problem is that you just wrote off an entire genre of music as 'crap' - an unconstructive opinion that, I assume, is very likely based off the top 40. And I agree - the stuff that usually gets up there are awful, recycled EDM beats with lyrics that don't really have any meat to them (see: things like 'Work' by Rihanna). And that's okay, because this stuff never gets remembered, and is usually made as something purely to dance or the pass the time to until the next song comes along a year later.

But there are artists who make music within the pop genre who make different sounds to other artists. They don't usually make it into the charts, but they make music that's so much better than what you'll find on there. Hell, I even put people like Drake into this category and he gets up there a lot. See: Twenty One Pilots, Lana Del Rey, The 1975, Arctic Monkeys, Harry Styles, Liam Gallagher, etc.

It's the same with every era of music, too. The charts in the 70s, 80s, and 90s were about the same quality as they are today - but people remember these decades as great for music because it's the pop artists who made unique and innovative sound who got remembered, and not the ones who made mindless entertainment for car journeys. That'll happen with the 2000s, it'll happen with the 2010s, and it'll happen for every decade.
    Shadow_Dcord likes this.
  9. It seems to be mostly just various types of rock and metal. You got some classics on there and some more modern bands I've heard, other than that, I don't know who half those people are so I could be wrong.
  10. ehh here's my playlist for the first half of 2017 (6th January - 1st June), there's way more so far for the second half but I'll probably share that once the year is over

Heavy Soul - You Me At Six
    Take On The World - You Me At Six
    Give - You Me At Six
    There's a Honey - Pale Waves
    Slide - Calvin Harris
    Love - Lana Del Rey
    Passionfruit - Drake
    Madiba Riddim - Drake
    Skepta Interlude - Skepta
    Cigarettes & Cush - Stormzy & Kehlani
    Still Got Time - Zayn & PARTYNEXTDOOR
    Sign of the Times - Harry Styles
    Hard Times - Paramore
    Saw You In a Dream - The Japanese House
    Amsterdam - Nothing But Thieves
    Meet Me In The Hallway - Harry Styles
    Carolina - Harry Styles
    Only Angel - Harry Styles
    Kiwi - Harry Styles
    Woman - Harry Styles
    Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind - Lana Del Rey
    Run - Foo Fighters
    Everything Now - Arcade Fire
  11. hi there!

I have so many playlists, so many songs, I cannot choose, so I'll go for er... a list of a tiny part of what I'm listening to on a regular basis... and even so, how to choose... blah, let's try. No sorting, and far from exhaustive :

chet baker / medesky,Martin and Wood /Akosh's unit/Jan Garbarek/Django Reinhardt/Miles Davis / Slint /RyCooder/GotanProject

AsianKungFuGeneration/Mongol 800/BDash/Kojima/

Dropkick Murphys/TheRumjacks/The Pogues/DamienRice/BenHarper

Green days/Hi-Standard/the Pixies/Nirvana/Offspring/Smashing Pumpkins/MarilynManson/ArcticMonkeys/ArrogantSonOfBitches/TheseNewPuritans/Gorillaz/RageAgainstTheMachine/Shakaponk

bran van 3000/Beck/BigSoul/Cake/AsianDubFoundation/PunjabiMC/TheBloodhoundGang/FountainsOfWayne

TheEels/SparkleHorse/MassiveAttack/Morcheeba

CypressHill/DeLaSoul/

Coldplay/Oasis/TheCure/TheWhiteStripes/TheBreeders/Radiohead/Beirut/ModestMouse/Alt-J

Gong/FrankZappa/PinkFloyd/theRollingStones/theDoors/VelvetUnderground/GodSpeedYouBlackEmperor

Java/Bratsch/Khaban'/M/ManoNegra/NoirDésir/Higelin/Thiéfaine/LouiseAttaque/SupremeNTM

DeadCanDance/Yaël Naim/Susheela Raman/RadikTyulyush/RaviShankar

soundtracks from games and films : the elder scrolls/GuildWars/ParisTexas/Deadman/Her/OnlyLoversLeftAlive

and on, and on...