Server Side Mod Request

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Twitch1, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Fence gates can be opened and closed via redstone since the last version iirc. ( Tho also iirc its buggy )
  2. Something like the Precious Stone Mod which allows Players to buy a very expensive block that then casts a protection net over a set area meaning it can't be griefed.

http://www.curse.com/server-mods/minecraft/preciousstones

I've seen it at work on other servers and it is brilliant, although I believe it may not be supported anymore.

Would mean people could feasibly set up home in the Wild and not be concerned about griefing.
    nmanley likes this.
  3. More info, downloads and videos on the mod here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/753030-11-thebombzens-mods/#AutoSwitch

Scroll down the page a little for Enchantment View.

I have yet to get it to work but I never activated it in game. :confused: Helps to read instructions.

If this was implemented at Empire it would sure lower the prices on auctioned items. Which I think would be better for the average player. No one can out bid a diamond player or even gold that have been around for only a month or so. ;)
    oidking likes this.
  4. Craftbook fence gates are a little different, they act more like a portcullis.
  5. Posting random mods isnt any better then just posting a mod library (I think). I personally experienced, how buggy mods can be. The funny part here is, that people who asked me how the most easiest part works in some mod (for example factions) and the next day when it is a little buggy, they suddenly turn into professional mod user and find out about that one little weakness it has....

Well but what I actually wanted to say, there MAYBE some point in distant future, where the to do list of our glorious admins is short enough to even consider a new mod. At this point I'm sure they are a lot more capable of finding acceptable mods then all of us together. Also they know the technical limits of our Empire.

So I dont see the any advantage in making people feel like they are encouraged to look for mods they could use in one special situation at a special place at a special time when creeper ask you out for a tea party. :)

Edit: since I just saw the post before me -> which is by now deleted ofc ... - Factions is an addon to form factions (like guilds or what ever you want to call it) They have a name aso. One of my last server had it, you can form a faction, then you can claim land (depending on your member number). But your max member number was limited. So you had to fight other factions to gain strength. This way you could invite more people and claim more land. If you lost the fight, you would loose influence and might end up loosing a claimed chunk of land. If this happens to often you might loose your base. But this was a strongly pvp based system I'm sure you can use it differently

Greetz Hasorko
  6. Fractions would be good for a new server, but not on one we currently have. I would put that with the ideas for server number 7.
  7. Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  8. spoutcraft bookbag? :D
  9. ((***))Do not post requests for client side mods here.((***))
  10. Need a link.
  11. I believe an update to the portal network is in order. Click Here for Stargate info.
  12. I also really like that! :)
  13. My main problem is that I can't make a portal in my base and have a portal in the nether lead back to it
  14. Yeah I feel the pain!
  15. Some things Ive found

1st, I don't have a link to any direct mod to recommend, but I've been told there are anti xray mods that hide items that are not visible such as ores on a server side level to stop xray hacks

example of one (maybe not best one)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoUodO6PZtc

Performance mod: maybe can help
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1066694-adminperformance-maxtps-get-maximum-tps-11-r45/ offset the load the above plugin would create?

id much rather see the max player count drop to say 50 if it meant getting some anti griefing protection
  16. With 1.2, a lot of things have definitely changed. A definite obstacle that needs to be tackled is the 100% increase in map height...

We will need to have a serious Community discussion about this subject.

However, as of right now, we have to get the ball rolling on upgrading to 1.2 on the servers, finding and correcting bugs, and then we will look into modifying the community standards, if it is deemed proper by Justin and Jeremy.
  17. No problem. This isn't the proper thread for discussing it now anyway. :)
    I brought it up to the other Staff. We will chew on it a while and toss around ideas and suggestions of our own from our standpoint and when the time is right, it will become a Community discussion.
    Justin or Jeremy will likely be the ones to announce/start the discussion, so keep an eye on the News Feed on the front page.