server down affecting voting...

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by mjnoe70, Jul 12, 2017.

1. So my family all did most of their voting this morning before the server was back up... ...but I saw a post those didn't work while the server was down and I confirmed on a couple accounts that they did not get votes counted. How do they get credit for voting and keeping the voting streak?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  2. I believe you have up to 24-36 hours before your streak is temporarily stopped.
  3. This doesn't help me any, all of the accounts were voted for and by IP it will not let us vote again. Some allow voting every 12 hours but that is only going to fix 1 or 2 of the 7 accounts.
  4. Because you have the 24-36 hour window, you shouldn't lose your streak. Yes you will miss the increase today as I did this morning but you won't lose anything as long you vote again within that window.

You can also try to vote on your cell phone with wifi off. This uses a different IP. I do this daily. I vote on my PC for my main and use my cell to vote for each alt.
  5. A couple of the websites will allow you to vote again twelve hours after the most recent one. All you have to do have one of them go through and you should be in business. :)
  6. As I
    As I noted, the issue I have is we are a family in one location... due to IP restrictions that may help on 1 or 2 of the seven accounts only. I stated that I knew of the 12 hours ones but as it stands, I may be over 36 hours by the time I can even try again since I think I vote a little over 24 hours later today.
  7. Use a cell phone with wifi off and just switch up the accounts you normally vote on. Then you should be fine the next time you normally vote.
  8. Also keep in mind that the effects of breaking a streak have also changed. In the old days you got penalized for breaking a streak, so you'd actually have to vote for several days before you'd pick up the pace and your score got also changed.

In the current setup this doesn't apply anymore. So as Kloned said: worse case scenario is that today won't be counted, but tomorrow will. You won't lose points and you also don't have to worry too much about derelictism.

(edit)

I got some voting space left it seems (3), if there are urgencies then I can cover for those. Just give me some names you're worried about.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  9. Same here, I'm at work so I can vote for any others. I don't vote here so they would all work. Just PM names.
  10. Thanks Shell, while I see what you wrote about the steak, can a staff/coder review and also comment on this? I only ask because I thought it was working that way as well but one of my kids missed a couple days when just starting and it started back over at 0. They were only at 10 and have since not missed a day. Now that some of the accounts in questions are over 100 days, those streaks mean much more for voters items and if we had to restart at 0 would be a lot of work.
  11. Well the other issue is you can't re-vote same-name, same server in the time frame. I do appreciate the offers, I'll try to confirm which ones need it and if we can figure out how to get the votes in. I will pm you both if I can figure out a way you may be able to help... Again, ty both very much!
    ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  12. But you can vote on different sites with different names. For example if you normally use TopG for account#1 then I can vote for that account on a different site so you will get credit AND it won't interfere with your normal voting routine. Just PM the account name and the site you normally use it with and I will switch them up.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I do understand this for sure but I vote almost all of the accounts each on each site. All of us are fairly new in EMC terms so I just have a pattern I do across home, work, and cell phones. With one site that I can vote on with all the accounts. So once they are burned for that day, all the phone and (work/home) computers as well as I can't redo any site on any page.

As this is the first time I have personally seen EMC down, I thought nothing of it and went about may daily voting rituals. I am not complaining about the issue nor the down time. I am merely just trying to ensure I do not lose voting streaks more than anything. I can do without a days rupees but if say all 7 of the accounts were to reset it would be quite a blow in the voting and larger bonuses of items or major rupee/token bumps.
  14. I went all last weekend without voting and didn't lose my streak... I just needed to vote two days in a row after having not voted to restart the bonus streak... You all will be fine....

mjnoe70 and WardleDeBoss like this.
  15. Now that is some pretty darned good proof. TY!
    AncientTower likes this.
  16. You cant afford to loose one day?

You have up to i think its 36 hours to re-vote before your bonus requires an extra day to vote.
  17. I
    This has nothing to do with afford, but I did not want me, my family and my alternate account to lose the streaks. Since we are all still getting voters stuff and some are in the 100-200 day streak range if it started over at 1 that would be tough to deal with. I thought I tried to make that clear that the streak is my only concern...

...and you do have 36 hours...
    So mjnoe70 voted or all available votes yesterday at 7:00am.
    mjnoe70 voted for all possible votes today at 8:00am.
    mjnoe70 can't vote anywhere no matter the ip in 36 hours if none of my votes today at 8am count.
    These are rough times as I vote between 6:00 and 10:00 am most days. Since I vote on multiple devices to allow all the accounts to get the maximum votes the times do vary. I try to vote on the 24 hours because it is > 18 and < 36.

...and its not about the server being down, that stuff happens, I just was trying to ensure my voting streaks worked out. Hope that makes more sense.
  18. I think you've missed the part where streaks don't get reset to 0 anymore. It got changed some time in 2015 or 16 that it only goes back a max of 10 days of your current. You will be fine ^.^ hope this helps!