Save the internet.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Nov 23, 2012.

?

Did you sign the petition?

Yes 16 vote(s) 76.2%
No 5 vote(s) 23.8%
  1. I posted this on another forum:
    I'm sure everyone here remembers SOPA? I was pretty sure that after that, the Internet would be safe for at least a year.
    I was wrong.
    I present to you, the Internet's next challenge. The ITU.
    The worlds governments are having a closed door meeting to discuss Internet rights. We don't know what will be discussed, and we have no say. This is even worse then SOPA though, because unike then, when it was just the US government, who were willing to listen to our voices, we have a whole lot more groups for censorship now. China, Russia, and Iran are all taking part in this, and they are all for censorship, and they're not listening to what we have to say. We have to hope that we convince our governments to stand up for Internet freedom, or everything could go horribly wrong.
    Here's what you can do. Go to google.com/takeaction and sign that petition. Tell your friends, your family, your dog, your cat, this guy, that guy, that other guy, co-workers, bosses, interns, waiters, waitresses, children, elderly, etc to do the same. Once again, the Internet needs our help, and once again, we will answer the call.
  2. Wierd this is happening again.... I remember signing a petition about the same thing a year + ago

Edit: O i just saw the post above me. I guess someone did mention the old one :p
  3. It might also be worth looking into the Internet Defense Force, of which I am a member of.
    (Lower lefthand corner)
  4. There goes the government again, trying to control everyone.
    We need new people in the government that aren't so controlling, and have the countries best interests in mind.
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  5. More like "governments". I'm not worried about the US, UK, Canada, etc. I'm worried about China, Russia, Iran, India, etc.
  6. My government blocked the pirate bay. I used that to download a game I owned, but it broke.
  7. That isn't nearly as bad as what these other governments want. Besides, your government did that to stop piracy, this is for censorship.
    penfoldex and jkjkjk182 like this.
  8. PandasEatRamen likes this.
  9. Occupy wall street teh internetz!
    penfoldex and PandasEatRamen like this.
  10. Um…how?
  11. I wanted to post something :p
  12. Well in that case…get me my picket signs!
  13. You must be able to read minds. My next post was gonna be: I'll be in the garage with so poster board and markers if you need me :p
    penfoldex likes this.