Reverse /pmlog order (newest messages on first page)?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Hi gang!

Just a suggestion... As you probably know all of our private messages are now stored for 24 hours and you can check the log using: /telllog, or my personal favorite: /pmlog.

Here's the thing: it starts with the oldest entry and then carries on. So the message which you got (or sent) most recently will be somewhere on page 9. But I wonder if players wouldn't rather see the newest messages first and then have the ability to dive into the message history?

I'd imagine that this shouldn't be too hard to accomplish (I assume it'll take an extra sort clause in the currently used SQL statement) so another important question is what the community thinks about this suggestion?
  2. I guess that would be good. Perhaps a PM history under the "my empire" section of the forums would be useful as well?
  3. As the one that coded it; I put them in an order that made sense to me. I guess I can make it an option to sort either way as I see benefit both ways.

As for the suggestion to add this to the website. That is sorta planned for the future.
  4. Yes shell. Mrsocks... I don't follow your logic but to me it makes sense the other way :-P

At first I thought this was about forum Pms... I hate that it doesn't go to the last message when I click on it. So frustrating.