(Retro) Gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 607, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Fudge, Also we had the old Zelda games. I'm drawing a blank on the names. But they were fun. When I was little I had no idea what I was doing most of the time, so I'd take link around the towns and talk to people and have conversations in my mind. When I ventured out and got attacked, I'd just kill stuff and go on. Not sure what I thought of that part.

Edit:
    The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    607 likes this.
  2. I remember I had the Super Nintendo as a tike, not to forget DOS, 64', and Genesis. I prefer older games one-hundred percent without a doubt, you know, developers had to rise above their hardware limitations and had to make a genuinely good game. I also remeber when video games required... a, uh... what was it? Oh yeah... skill. Video games today are like, "Follow this guy. Go pew pew pew. See that waypoint? Follow it. Hold X. Go pew pew pew some more. Watch a real-time cutscene. YOURE DONE!" I'd rather not say that I hate today's games, but they certainly went downhill, and I'm sugar coating it.

I digress. Anybody here remember passwords?
  3. We had notebooks full xD
  4. While I agree that most AAA games suck, you are making gross overstatements and generalizations. There were plenty of crappy games way back when, and there are plenty of good games now.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  5. Can't remember MY first game...... videowise, prob something that had to do with Star Wars or Spiderman. :p
  6. You got that right. ;)

I thought saying "I'd rather not say that I hate today's games" covered that. I apologize for not making that clear, so allow me to rephrase. Keep in mind that these are opinions.
    The quality of most games today compares unfavorably to ones prior, but, let us not forget the many exceptions for both periods in time.
    'Think that about does it.
  7. Yes, the two characters in one kart is great:)
    Yes, but I only have a GBC, GBA and Wii, so I asked SMB.3 cause it's in the GBA alstars-version.

Also, I just got super mario galaxy:) It's great. It's the newest game I ever played, I think, aside of pc games.
    Yes, I agree. It's not true all the time, but I completely agree. Especially when you have like, cutscene, tutorial, cutscene, level cleared! Like you mentioned here
    Also, what games did you play in DOS?
  8. I start off Wii!

Wii -> Xbox 360 -> PC
    607 likes this.
  9. Shooooot, I don't remember what they were. A super colorful side scrolling platformer rings ten-thousand bells though.

10. The Secret Island of Dr. Quandary was one that I played the most.