[Research/Experiment] Players and Rules

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huckleberry24, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Good that they returned items. Although, the data you showed here doesn't surprise me. Multiple times I have found people(1-100 days old) to do jobs for me and the majority have ended up costing me because of newer players lack of respect for the rules. It seems that new players don't care for the consequences of their actions. You can take that with a grain of salt if you like, since I was permanently banned once. Difference is I learned from my mistake.

I'd like to see what an experiment with 1000+ days would show.
  2. I would bet that a difference of means test would suggest the correlation between a player stealing and their age on the server would exponentially increase* as their time on the server increases. I'm sure there will be outliers in the sample space so it would have to be a relatively large size to be a fair comparison. It's rare, but not unheard of, for players to be banned for a year or more and let back in, only to get banned again for griefing/stealing.

The hypothesis makes sense as the committment we have to the server on the first few days is significantly less than later on down the road. The less you have the less you lose if you were to be permanently banned for griefing.

* When it comes to correlations, the closer the number is to 0 the more likely that the age of the person and their griefing is independent from one another. As the number gets closer to +1 or -1 (sign indicating slope if the points are graphed), it suggests that the two variables are dependent on one another. There's ways to perform this test if the data is available.
  3. funny, when i was 1-100 days old, i was so scared to break the rules, had all people remove my build if they have build perms set t for me. still, no surprise,