Remember the Day: 9/11

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EnderMagic1, Sep 10, 2016.

?

Did you see these events?

Yes 13 vote(s) 36.1%
No 23 vote(s) 63.9%
  1. How to start a controversy in one easy sentence.
    BenMA and SoulPunisher like this.
  2. my uncle worked in the complex. that day he was late for work, but he was in time enough to witness the building crashing down and people jumping out of the windows. he had some pretty bad ptsd and had to go to a therapist. a month later i was born. we have those weird muslim names old white people hate, so my mom tells me people at the hospital were pretty racist. my sisters were bullied at school, people would call them names and throw stuff at them.

my uncle could have died that day, close friends of his did die that day, and they seemed to think we enjoyed it all.

14 years later trump is saying he saw thousands of thousands of muslims celebrating in new jersey on 9/11.

never forget
  3. Pancaking typically happens in earthquakes where the internal structure can no longer withhold its own weight. Fires like the one in the world trade centres wouldn't of caused pancaking. The NIST also dismissed the posability of pancaking: https://www.nist.gov/engineering-laboratory/faqs-nist-wtc-towers-investigation (point 8)

NB: not interested in arguing so imma just quit ttfn
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  4. Freshman and I saw it on the news. Can't remember if we all left school early or not. I just remember being sad for those who died. But feeling a anger and thirst for revenge upon those who committed the acts of terror.
  5. Reply to unedited post.
    :p
  6. Don't just remember the day, think back about those people who lost or gave their lives.
    AncientTower likes this.
  7. This is not the place to start controversy regarding possible thermite use or tower 7 going down demo style etc. But, I will mention the irony that most MC players weren't even born when this happened. However, for those like me who have, it is a moment similar to previous generations, that is burned into our memories. My grandparents had Pearl Harbor, my parents had the moon walk and JFK assassination, now my generation has 9/11.

I was at work that Tuesday morning. A coworker who was actually living in the shop warehouse, yelled to me to come over and check out the TV news he had on in his room. At that point one plane had hit the tower and everyone was watching the live feed to hear if it was an accident or what. A moment after getting there, we saw the second plane hit...live. All in the room froze and looked at one another. It went from the idea of a small plane accident to a deliberate attack. Not long after, the word came of the Pentagon getting hit. Mind you, that location is only 40 miles north of our shop. Best way to describe the common feeling there, was disbelief and a sense of "calm" panic. By 1pm I went out to get lunch. It was an eerie feeling driving down the road, looking at the faces of other drivers. Instead of people chatting, singing, smiling, yelling etc, it was all replaced with a zombified solemn looks that I won't be forgetting.

To all who have lost friends and loved ones, my heart goes out to you. To the newer generation that has not yet lived thru a historic event such as this...unfortunately your day will come. Just keep strong, vigilant and make everyday worth living.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. I'd like to give few thoughts there.

This is originally meant to be the law for old (over 3,000 years ago) Israeli people - for use within the cultural group / few tribes / nation. Not for inter-cultural relations.

It is adjusted for nomadic stock farmers that lived 3,000 years ago. Ex. 23:19 "... You shall not boil a young goat in its mother’s milk."

It is a part within the laws regarding slaves. (I don't know why it is there / what that fact does to the meaning.) One should always read the broader context.

If punishment is eye for an eye, then the tribe loses two eyes. This is potentially (or even would be mostly) an unnecessary waste.

Violence against other nation / other tribe induces also violence within own nation / tribe.

Who fiercely fights against something is in danger of becoming the very thing they fight against.

Especially in intercultural context, where there is little to no common law, striving to reduce, compensate and avoid further damage is the wise approach. This will most probably require lowering tensions and avoiding further violence. Differences between cultures are a catalyst for multiplication of violence.
    SoulPunisher and ESSELEM like this.
  9. It can If its burning.
  10. </3 so sad that people could do this, but at the same time watching the world come together with support for those who lost loved ones is absolutely incredible. <3
    DrMadFate likes this.