Really? Wow...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jayvice, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. /\
    |
    |
    |
    That one for the swastika builder/hacker

:p :D
    Yukon1200 likes this.
  2. Yes, I was imagining someone building a great temple that included swastikas as part of the design for their religious significance and being banned as soon as someone saw it. So I say, best to think some before taking action too.
    Yukon1200 and nnnnmc1 like this.
  3. Wouldn't that be considered his freedom of expression? Not promoting this in ANY way at all...just looking at it in a different POV that's all. I do not agree with it, but still...?
  4. No, people aren't allowed to swear or use all caps, that could be considered a freedom of expression. EMC is a privately owned server, the only rights you have are the ones they give you :)
  5. Good point, I already looked at that though. All caps infringes upon others rights, because frankly it is annoying and you can't do anything about it...however this is their own private space where nobody will see what they are building unless they go out of their way to observe. However, you are correct about this being a private server and admins handing out rights.
  6. You have right to express. But it must not violate the rules of the place the expression is done. And must not offend/insult other people in the place the expression is done. :)
    That's what I think. Cos if it was totally free to express anything. Then it would be like
    "GTFO NEWFAG" (on another server just join for the first day.)
    "NOOB!!!" (when i starved to death. that server got some problem that allow you to starve to death)
    "NIGGER!!!11one!!"(When another new guy just ask where to go cos the spawn is surrounded by lava)

And I dont think it is good idea if someone build there real life house a swastika shape. lol
    Seberling likes this.
  7. If someone were to build a temple and display the symbol as part of it, it would certainly be in the realm of freedom of religion, we would probably ask them to display a sign signifying its meaning and to avoid any altercations though.

The swastikas pictured in the screenshots were not built by hand though, they were created by a 'macro' of sorts which automatically builds the symbol using the materials you have within your inventory (usually dirt or cobble.)
    The 'macro' is part of a specific griefing mod which is installed clientside, and is in no way acceptable for use on EMC servers.
    There have been a few players caught and banned for the use of griefing mods such as this as it is pretty easy to catch players using it.
    apamment, Yukon1200 and nnnnmc1 like this.
  8. I agree with your first statement, but the entire swastika conversation is an important thing to talk about. If you really don't like it, then don't participate in it.
  9. Yeah I didn't like where that was going either, but it seemed to work its way out so I just left it as is
    BloodDisciple likes this.
  10. I donĀ“t swastikas should be benned as even though like stated a lot before was an awful symbol at that time it is still a symbol in the arian community wich is a legit comunity so i think we either ban all symbols or none
  11. Homosexuals are better people.
  12. Lol. I see your point.
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  13. Yet he had the right to build that house
  14. He had ZERO right to build those swastikas. He could in a religious context but it obviously wasn't
  15. However, in situations where it would cause problems, which this house probably would, the state would be able to most likely deny them a permit to build a house in that fashion. You have to get a permit most of the time just to put a cardboard sign on your front lawn, or a flag. You'd better believe you'd need one for a whole new house.
  16. I think I may just lock/delete this thread, it wasn't meant for a full-scale discussion, it was meant for an alternative source for a report in case the report system didn't work.
  17. I agree, gratefully the /report system has worked, and has been instrumental in expediting incidents such as an inappropriate symbol/sign or creations on lots. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.