Raw fish in the /shop?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by margaritte, Mar 6, 2012.

1. i havent had any trouble fishing...check wiki for the odds of catching one per second...sometimes its just bad luck...

my trick is to click as soon as the bobber goes half under...it works almost everytime
  2. i spent over 10 k rupees trying to get ocelots to turn into kitties and now i finally have 2 kitties
  3. I found it offensive cause I eat raw meat.
    Dark_Liz likes this.
  4. lol just go on smp1 with a boat and a rod and fish in the Empire pool :3
    Shonnna00 likes this.
  5. I was having a hard time with fishing. I managed to catch a whole stack in less than twenty minutes and then they sold in less than one minute. Most of the time I can't catch enough to keep up with demand and I have terrible luck half the time. It's great that it's been added to the empire shop!
  6. Interesting. I didn't know that. Fishing bores the snot out of me (in real life and in Minecraft), so today was actually the first time I've ever even looked at it, lol.

I'm pretty sure a mod that fixes this glitch would be allowed, even welcomed. It is a glitch after all.

However, I'm not the most mod saavy person here, so I'd want confirmation on that before making any kind of proclaiming that it's ok to use.

Thanks for the info Henry_Loenwind. :)
  7. I bought two stacks and will be a full-fledged crazy cat lady in no time ;)
  8. Fishing on utopia works quiet well. Due to the low amount of players -> no lag. Anybody can do it since it can be done in town. But I guess with beeing able to buy fish all cat applied prizes will drop now ^^
  9. I did manage to catch a half-stack on utopia, but really, there are so many things I'd rather be doing than fishing! I'd rather just pay extra and have them whenever I want.
  10. Really, the current price of raw fish at the Empire Shop now is in line with all the other prices and the standard (what should be anyway) Empire Shop value for that item. The only reason is seems low is because of the currently huge demand for it. And in relation to that demand, it is low... or actually more like a reasonable price for player shops (I would think).

But the demand will drop significantly as the novelty of cats wears off... then only the really hardcore cat lovers will be willing to pay Empire Shop prices for raw fish and those who are able to acquire fish at a rate that is closer to what it was intended to be, whether by fishing in Utopia or using a modification that fixes the glitchiness, will be able to have viable fish shops if they like.
  11. Sorry, with 10r for a fish you are not only totally destroying the market (including the price for string since currently there was an incentive to make fishing rods again).

You are also punishing everybody who makes the effort to catch fishes. Even if you are perfect with it it's still a pain to gather a stack. Also you are destroying the ocelot prices since breeding is so much cheaper.

Why oh why are you interfering that hard into the economy? Why not just sell it for a high price then see if it settles?
  12. So what would you sell raw fish for in your personal shop Buttros? Give me a lowest and a highest price that you would consider worthwhile.

And have you been selling fish already or is it something you've been considering doing?

I'm not saying anything will change, but it's worth discussing.
  13. fishing isn't that glitchy to me, I actually catch quite a few fish. better lower my price for my fish :(
  14. given that you need wheat to breed all the other animals, you might think that there should be a a good price for wheat and hoes, i think people would slap me if i tried selling wheat anywhere near 10r each.

the only reason there is a demand for fish right now is because ocelots are shiny and new. some people have been charging ridiculous prices (anywhere from 1k - 3k) and everyone else wants to get in on the action. give them a week or two and it will be back to normal because everyone will have them and be trying to sell them to everyone else who already has them.

I think 10r each is a good upper limit. I don't think the whole price gouging a new item is really something to encourage - especially with ocelots as people are still learning them and there have been a few despawn on people.
    margaritte likes this.
  15. I sell fish :( i'm never going to get any money now :(
  16. Liz, I just made an effort yesterday to sit and catch fish as an amateur in my friend's pool. It took me almost 20 minutes to catch 15 or so. Now while I'm certain that you can get way more once you found out how that was a test design for any newcomer who tries so.

After that I decided to sell the fish for B12 S9 in my shop and let it run for the day.
    It turned out that it was bought within 1 hour and nobody ever sold one back. Of course that is also because of the high demand currently. Still I consider the price for catching fish should never drop below the price for achieving wood.

We know it is very easy to chop wood. The prices I know are between 40 and 70 for a stack, going on 64 on average. In 10 minutes you can gain 1,5 stacks or so, depending on how lucky you are with the height. Oak might take longer due to side branches. So the price for fish would be "fair" if you can make 100r in 10 minutes fishing.

To not interfere with the economy at all yet still have it in the shop I really wouldn't sell it below 50 in /shop, possibly even more. I mean you charge 5r for a wheat which can be harvested automatically. Same for melons who also have no further use.

The fish is involved in a chain now string-fishing rods-fish-ocelot eggs and it would be sad if you have an unlimited supply which totally influences the prices, much like communism ;)
  17. Anyways, i can't make my ocelots breed. this is prob. due to lag so you wont find me fishing/buying fish.
  18. I doubt lag has anything to do with it. You were probably trying to tame the ocelots when they're in "Run Away Mode". To tame them, you have to be a certain distance away from them, then hold a Raw Fish, stand still and wait for the ocelot to come closer. Once the ocelot is close enough, right click it while holding the Raw Fish (This may take more than 1 fish).
    *Note Ocelots despawn like hostile monsters, so it'd be best to have raw fish prepared BEFORE using an ocelot egg.*
    apamment likes this.
  19. you still have to plant the wheat and wait for it to grow, plus it can be used to make cakes (in addition to bread). Melons are required to make healing potions.
  20. The minecraftwiki says:

So with a PERFECT technique you could 4 fish per minute if you go to the wilderness. Since nobody is perfect and there is lag 1-2 is way more likely. If you fish in your pool it's even lower if I got that right.

Also you really cannot compare wheat to fish. A price is not only made by demand, also by offer. The production cost for wheat is very low and it is also a newcomer-friendly item. Simply everybody can achieve wheat in huge stacks. Additionally you can harvest it automatically.

Fishing doesn't only take time but constant focus, unlike chopping wood even. So if the demand for fish qould be equal or lower than wheat there would be simply no offer at a price for 10.

BUT if the shop interferes then it does.

Look at cocoa beans. It happened exactly with that. Who would ever go out to the wilderness and search for it when you can have it for 10r from the shop. And that doesn't even include a chain. So far the market for string is also practically non-existant since there are no monsters in town ->> less demand for weapons (bows). The only other use string has is making fishing rod which was absolutely unattractive so far. I've sold 1 or 2 rods in 3 weeks I think.

I just think the shop should supply everybody who is impatient but not influence an economy that much.