Race to the Far Lands...or to the end of the map where we bug out.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PremiumBlank, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Let's Do It!!!! I'll get my gear ready!
  2. Ok cool, some people are on board.
    The thing is though.....
    I have NO idea how making something for charity works, heck I don't even know how PAYPAL works.
    I was hoping our deep green buddies, minty fresh friends, and our Royal Purple People could put in their 2 cents or something seeing as it is good PR for EMC and a cool way to bring the EMC community together as well as do something awesome so that we all can look back and say, "Hey, we, as a community, did something awesome for a whole lot of people."
    So uh...anyone know how to bring this to the attention of the different shades of green and purples?
  3. You know that doing something on this server for real life money is illegal and can get you banned, right?
  4. for real life as in accepting it for yourself and such i think. I was talking about EMC doing it, not me, not individuals. EMC doing something like a type of charity event. Nobody on EMC is getting payed.
    Behold the rule in question:
    "RMT (real money trading) is strictly prohibited.
    • Any attempt to buy or sell any item outside of the Empire Minecraft Community (including, but not limited to Minecraft accounts) will result in a severe punishment. Do not get involved in such transactions."
    The Heads of EMC will be in charge of the funds or however that works. They will do the donation based off a vote. If they feel up to it they can make mini ones for individual sponsored team mates or whatever that has a legit thing to donate to ( as in not their personal Swiss bank account.)Nobody sponsored sees the money or even gets rewarded with in-game items. The reward is the very thought that they did something good for humanity. Maybe some may think that an off shoot reward is all of five minutes of e-fame that will soon be forgotten after the next "Daww what a cute kitty" vid comes out, but that's all there is. They are dedicating themselves to this like a second job for diddly.

That is not illegal. I don't think.
    ANYONE IN STAFF: please confirm.
  5. Come to think of it, maybe the money can be split to 3 or 4 different things:
    One disease
    One endangered species
    One educational program
    One shelter program

All randomly selected, or go by the most underfunded... or lowest funded, because low funds does not mean underfunded.... I think.
  6. The way it's set up isn't RMT, therefore it's allowed. That doesn't mean the admins will do it though.
    607 and PremiumBlank like this.
  7. Totally understandable. If the admins allow it, but wont do it themselves, then is it ok if somebody who does know how to do it get it done?
    If anyone knows how this works let me know.
  8. As long as the money is not involved with EMC at all, then you should be good.
    607 likes this.
  9. I'm interested to see how this plays out :)