Question about claiming outposts and spread out locations (question to big for title)

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by AdinD, Mar 29, 2017.

1. I have a lot of things I am working on in the wild (80,000 blocks from anyone elses stuff) and they are all spread far apart.

If I am making 8+ builds/farms in the wild between 200 and 7000 blocks from each other do I have to claim every 6000 blocks from the center of the main chest? Does it have to be multiple outposts or one big one that can cover each area or the square of 12000 blocks?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. No. Keep in mind that the Frontier is for everyone. You can go out into the Frontier, build something cool and that will be your building. You don't have to establish an outpost in order to build and maintain a project.

However... If you come too close to an established outpost then those guys will obviously have the right to request that you pack up and relocate.

So if you're that far out then I'm pretty sure that you can easily establish your main outpost which entitles you to decide how the land around you will be used, while also keeping those extra "bases" around. You do not have to establish them perse.

Of course, if you want to ensure that no one else will be building in the areas around that then it might be something to consider. There's nothing stopping you from establishing several outposts.

If you do want to go that route then yeah: I'm pretty sure you'll have to establish multiple outposts.
    We3_MPO and Zrugite like this.
  3. What i did is I made several claims all 3k apart from each other to cover the area I wanted. So In personal experience I'd say it is wise to claim not just the center but all around it as well. So go and make those claims....
    ShelLuser and We3_MPO like this.
  4. If you are wanting all of your builds to be protected under an outpost claim, then yes, you would need to "blanket" the area you are working in with outpost claims. I would pull up the area in question on the livemap and try to find the best locations for the center of each outpost.

Keep in mind, outpost claims are a circle and have a radius of 1500 blocks from the locked chest, which is the center point. So, I would definitely spend some time doing the math and figure out the best locations for each outpost claim, so that all of your builds are covered. Good luck!
    ShelLuser and We3_MPO like this.
  5. Yes. I've done that too, with about 10 claims. Mine are approximately 35km to 40km out from spawn on average, but now that area is hard to establish in due to many different claims (same group and different groups) being close together in some spots. However, none of them actually overlap.
  6. Ah, thanks for the info.
    We3_MPO likes this.