Purchasing Residences for old members

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Zabriel, Jul 5, 2012.

1. i wanted another res so i build a 60x60 dirt platform up in the air so it was like another res and i m going to do it again as the height limit is really high
    Tehwafflez and josh303011 like this.
  2. I'm going to /r/nocontext for this but.. Change your signature. Now. Before I slap you silly.
  3. Maybe this should be allowed for people that have been 200 + days ? (im on my 246th :p )
  4. Yesssss more likessss. :D
    josh303011 and gabriel_oscar like this.
  5. Not everyone is able to donate, let alone buy another account. Instead of buying another account, why not donate to Gold / Diamond?

Transfering ownership of a residence would be nice, but that's not the main idea here. What I meant was, when people finish a project, they demolish it and start another. Having another residence would then let them "preserve" their hard work, instead of destroying it to claim another plot.

I'm actually against the idea. This would increase the number of spams on the forums, and its possible for a 1 week old player to get these titles, while a 295 day old member could still have a "new member" title.

Yes! It should be based of amount of days on EMC.
    migueldemesa and marknaaijer like this.
  6. If its days, i still win. Because ive been here 236!
  7. Aww, I am just at my 170th.....
  8. 94 ftw
    marknaaijer likes this.
  9. I hate to be the guy throwing the wrench in the system, but here's the problems I see.

First off, many players buy gold for the second res, immediately that revenue would be out the window, unless its 500k or more to purchase one.

Second, there's only a few dozen lots available per server maximum, and having them all full its going to cause significant issues. Having new players be able to login and claim a res is paramount to having more res's for current players (in my opinion).

The option is there to donate, and you're right that not everyone can afford it. The fact is that it costs real dollars, not rupees, to run the servers, and donations are providing that. Anything that is going to shy people away from donation I'm against.

The only option I could see that would keep donations available is to make the extra lot accessible to any player, donator or not. So regular / iron would get 1 and be able to buy a second. A gold would get 2 and be able to buy a third, and diamond would get their 4 and be able to buy a fifth. But once again, this is going to dramatically increase the number of lots used on the servers.

Maybe the "multiplayer bug fixes and resource usage" talked about in the 1.3 patch notes will allow for more stable and larger worlds, and might make an expansion to the towns to make more lots available possible, but for now I don't see it being a good idea from a server perspective.

I love the idea otherwise.
  10. I did that! lol! 1 platform at the old world height and my sky store near the new world height :) I am a very smart waffle indeed
    coffee_bullet likes this.
  11. People donate for various reasons, getting another residence would be one of the main factors. As stated, this would "remove" one of the perks of Gold / Diamond supporters, I agree on this point. The price should be ridiculously high too, to limit the amount of players buying a new plot.

Again, stated in the first post, though there are very little plots avaliable in this moment of time, the derelict policy exsists for a purpose. Many players have not logged on for more than 10 days, but their residences are still there. Prioritising the needs of having avaliable plots for newcomers is important, but there's still a chance of them being a "come and go" type, adding on to the derelict policy list where the plot could be used for a better cause.

Fully agreed, having a perk removed would discourage people from donating.

It would not be a "non-supporter / Iron perk", definitely apply to everyone if permission granted to regulars.

I don't think the town would be expanded, if it were to be expanded, each residence number would have to change, there are some who claimed a plot for the number itself.
    ZimfurrY and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  12. I really like this idea but then Gold supporters would have the same amount of residences as an old member so maybe we should make it so Gold supporters can become old members too so they can get 3 residences.
  13. Ima gold and ive been here for 246 days for me 5 mins then 247 days :D
    Jeanzl2000 likes this.
  14. Im diamond been here 236 days
  15. Overall, I feel like you're saying exactly what I said, other that two points.

The derelict policy won't fix the issue. Look around on the servers, and you'll see around 100 lots (SMP2) that would qualify as derelict. That's maximum, that's assuming you want the lot to disappear at 10 days on the dot, and that's assuming that none of the players have prior messages to hold the lots while they are away. Given that the player base could effectively add a lot, there's much more than 100 lots worth of players who would be interested in the idea.

What makes you think that the res numbers would have to change? I highly doubt that would be necessary. I would expect that the lots added would be issued new numbers, and granted it would make five digit numbers appear on the original servers, but I think you'd agree that if you could have another lot, you'd be fine with having a number that isn't the same.

I'm playing devil's advocate here a bit, as well as offering solutions. If someone doesn't ask the questions, it won't happen or will cause problems in the long run. Personally, I'd love to have 3 more lots.
  16. Yeah at least 100k. 20k is just a few enchanted picks
  17. Well he could of just said that then lol
  18. I would sell my soul and make a deal with the IceCreamCow for a 2nd Res.
    ZimfurrY likes this.
  19. I feel EXACTLY like you mate! I support this big time!
    IamSaj likes this.