Purchasing Residences for old members

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Zabriel, Jul 5, 2012.

1. I had a similar idea a few months ago, relating to the purchase and sale of residences. It appears that the code required to add anything of this nature will be extremely time consuming. Also, residences do not go derelict unless it is handled manually. So, a player gone for a long time will usually have their residence. I know that Kendrick left for a while, and his residence(s) were untouched. So, I'm sure if you hunt around the original servers, you will find a number of residences where the member has not logged in for quite some time....

As far as your pro/con list goes, I don't think the rest of us donators would care. As long as we still get /map hide.....
  2. Supporters don't get reset and it's automatic.
  3. What if Gold has 2 res and then they are allowed to buy for another price ???
  4. This wouldn't work. I'll keep it simple why.

It will lower the amount of money coming into the Empire, and therefore the amount of money that keeps the servers running. Why would this happen? Allowing old members to have a second residence would make Gold membership basically invalid. They may support for a while, but when they reach the threshold date they could easily stop and then have 3 residences (2 from gold supp, plus buying an extra). That would mean that the majority of supporters would be Iron (less money) and Diamond. Diamond would then be starting to be considered overpriced, in my opinion and less appealing for newer players. You could keep Gold, but I don't think a lot of people would be Gold if you implemented this which would mean a lot less supporter money to help run the servers. Does that make sense?

If you want a second residence, you have a couple of options. Donate to Gold; it's only $10 a month and lots of benefits. Or, make a sky platform as suggested earlier. Have teleportation pads (RTS) between the top and bottom and then you have a complete extra 60x60 to work from.
  5. *feels sad because that is true*
    Perhaps make a 2nd free res an award for one of the EMC-wide contests that pop up every once in a while?
    hayleycolgan likes this.