[PUBLIC APOLOGY] For how I've acted the past few months.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by We3_MPO, Apr 18, 2018.

1. I apologize for creating so many controversial threads and getting so dramatically involved in so many more, especially during the past Winter and so far this Spring. I don't even know why I thought that was a good idea; I guess either I wasn't thinking, or I was just looking to get everyone to respect each other no matter what. I definitely have had some times when I could've acted way more maturely than that.

As for finch's leaving thread, I probably should've worked with others who are supportive to comfort her personally (in PMs) and report all the hateful comments to staff rather than to "kick" all the bad guys on that one thread, plus it turned out that just gave all of the trolls more satisfaction (one of them even called me a name, and probably wouldn't have if I hadn't been involved publicly). I do support finch, but I feel as if I could've and should've done it more maturely and not so publicly.

Now, the part many of you are probably concerned with (all those threads about things like gun control, LGBT rights, etc. that I kept arguing with people over)... I definitely could've acted way more maturely than that too, and I don't even know why I thought that was a good idea. Some of the people who commented on the LGBT thread have had issues with me before, and I totally understand and accept if they don't want to forgive me, but I felt at the time (and still kind of do) as if their comments were more than a little extreme, plus a friend of mine who can be overly sensitive too commented against it before me and I felt like standing up for them, just like I had a few months prior to that. Now I feel like I should apologize to anyone I may have upset and/or attacked, and to just ignore the few people who I still don't feel like forgiving and have had multiple prior conflicts/issues with. I have now unwatched all controversial threads I was previously watching, even my coming out thread, and I will not anytime soon (or hopefully ever) get involved in those again whatsoever, so if you want to comment on my coming out story and for me to see it, please PM me or do it on my profile page EDIT: Unless I'm following you, posting on my profile isn't an option either (as of May 9, 2018). I think all I wanted at heart was a drama-free EMC, and I even supported the staff whenever they banned someone who had been causing severe drama and supported the staff for being so open-minded, yet I contradicted that, not through my words and intentions, but through my actions and immaturity. Plus, I feel pressured IRL because although my family and friends are supportive, and I've not had to deal with any homophobes IRL yet, being openly gay in the rural South near a medium-sized but growing city continues to scare me (I'm also autistic, but that doesn't matter nearly as much), and has even made me act very bashful every time I see a guy in public who I feel romantic attraction to that I decided not to meet (this has happened many times, often multiple times in any given month) because I was/am afraid jerks/homophobes would lash out at me for being gay as soon as they saw me displaying romantic attraction to a handsome guy. I've also been harassed (not physically, and he's not homophobic, but still) IRL by another guy my age who I have a crush on, and he may also be gay (one of my best friends thinks he is) but I'm not sure. And it has made me look to my friends and EMC for help, and in the case of EMC, I got more of the opposite and it got way out of control. I have plans to eventually move to a heavily populated area in the Southwestern U.S. when I am of age (which is just a few years from now), where I hopefully won't face the pressure I do in a Southern micropolitan area or ever have to experience Autumn and Winter again (I love Spring and Summer but hate Autumn and Winter), but for now, I'm stuck in this horrific place known as The South or Tennessee (it wouldn't be as bad in Nashville, Atlanta, or Austin, but I'm not there, and even that's only the city centers) that I was born in, and with a climate that is Humid Subtropical (the type of subtropical climate with cool, snowy winters) rather than the Mediterranean climate or Hot Desert I've been craving.

I'm sorry for all I've done. I'm also sorry for gradually digressing from my main point, but at least that should explain what my teen years so far are and have been like (and will probably continue to be like), and therefore possibly why this started in the first place. And yes, finch, in case you're reading this, I do still support you, I was just mentioning how I should do it more maturely and privately. I hope you all understand this, and I feel severe remorse right now.

-We3

TL;DR: I haven't been behaving my best in the past Winter and so far this Spring, which I apologize for. I am, however, facing some struggles IRL as an openly gay teen with autism (despite having supportive family and friends, and not having to have dealt with homophobes yet) who has been harassed by another guy, too scared to go meet other guys I see in public, and having to deal with unpleasant emotional swings that Autumn and Winter tend to exacerbate and are likely caused partly by me being single.
  2. stop apologizing, only thing you should apologize for is how long that apology is! You are allowed to have opinions that others, or even I disagree with.
  3. Thank you! That was very nice! However, my posts can be long sometimes (and apology threads often are anyways), and I feel as if I have done wrong in some ways.
    Echelon815, 607 and bitemenow15 like this.
  4. To be honest. The drama/controversial threads is what drove me further away from the community I once loved. If you ever feel like something is getting out of hand. Instead of looking to make up for it. Push back your chair, get up, go out in the world, catch some wind, some sunshine if there's any, and smile that you're still okay despite what's going on in your online life. I myself used to take this place a bit serious sometimes but I just stopped. Things began to turn around. What you need is just a get away from it. Know of a park nearby? Take some walks in it everyday. I'm sure that'll counter the urge to post things that seem like a good idea at the time. It certainly did help me.
  5. True, but as I've said, this probably happened partly because my struggles IRL were affecting me negatively. I shouldn't have let my personal struggles become an excuse to let immature/dramatic threads I've made/taken part in get out of hand. Also, I do tend to be a park person sometimes in Spring, but Summers here are so humid, Autumn bothers me due to the leaf colors and a shorter mild period than Spring, and Winter, just... well... pretty much everything, except that there are still flowers like pansies in bloom...
  6. That wall of text is way too big
    We3_MPO, WitherDoggie and cTJx like this.
  7. Part of the reason why I took a break from EMC was like that too. I open up the "what's new?" tab and all I see is Controversial, Controversial, Controversial, and more Controversial topics. I take a peek at them and it's just .. sad to see how we turn against each other because of things like this. I agree with you Roslyn :)

But to We3, I think you raised some awareness and yer okay don't worry about it.
  8. It's fine, I think. :)
  9. I also forgot about being the one to cause the need for the "counting/alphabet forum games" policy, but I apologize for that too (I think I already did, but because it was during the specified time period, I may as well do so again here).
  10. I know I'm late, but I figured someone would complain about this, and I understand. I just decided to, in addition to apologizing, explain some of the struggles I'm facing in my teen life that may possibly have led up to my poor behavior. I'll add a TL;DR. I hope you understand.

EDIT: Added TL;DR. See OP.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  11. Well, I'm glad you did, I never liked those threads. ;)
    We3_MPO likes this.