Project Greece

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Olaf_C, Jul 14, 2015.

?

What SMP should the outpost be on?

SMP2 16 vote(s) 28.6%
SMP3 13 vote(s) 23.2%
SMP4 14 vote(s) 25.0%
SMP5 5 vote(s) 8.9%
SMP6 8 vote(s) 14.3%
  1. I'll be that really rude cartographer that is always drunk and is just waiting for himself to come in handy while the Second Mate and Captain do all the work. =P
    Olaf_C, khixan, DubChef and 2 others like this.
  2. I am so overcommitted on projects on emc it's silly, but this sounds like fun :) Hit me up if you want any building help. Our base is out around the 100k mark, so I know the drill haha. I think we spent a week tunneling through the nether with iron picks (don't ask, we got a bit silly with the survival aspect and nearly named the place the "nudist colony" bc some had no armor even --cough KAT cough--). Why am I volunteering for this again? ;) Luck to y'all!
  3. If on smp6 or smp7, if you like you may use the "Quartz Express" rail - it goes 5k blocks out in the nether on smp6 and 7k on smp7 I think, so you could extend it - I'd help doing that and I'd improve the existing track where needed.
    Olaf_C likes this.
  4. Thanks for your offer, but it probably won't be on either. SMP7 is llo turf, and 6 is pvp. Not much happens on 2 and 3, so those are the most likely. I did not think of this until later.
  5. As some have brought up, in many parts of the Greek timeline, Sparta and Athens are enemies. What this means, is competitions! We will be hosting Olympics in a town center between Athens and Sparta. There is no list of competitions, but they will include archery, parkour, horse racing, and more! More details will come in time :).
    FDNY21 likes this.
  6. I think you should add Olympus, which would be the city for creativity, architecture and luxuries. Basically, leisure central.
  7. I think you have Olympus and Athens confused. That is what Athens as like. Olympus was the mountain where the gods lived.
    TigerstarMC and codygraw101 like this.
  8. Please note that the poll for the server, you don't want to vote for your home server. You want it to be on a server you don't need to be in town as much.

Unless you have a alt you play on.... please note that....
  9. Don't take me as an idiot, I know TONS about ancient Greece. Athens was a civilised trade centre, not a city of luxury as I was trying to describe. What I mean is in Olympus is where you would live like a god, e.g. amazing architecture, great pleasures, etc, etc.
  10. I don't think he took you as an idiot, unintentionally we might mix up answers :)
    Olaf_C and georgeashington like this.
  11. Sounds like I good idea! I might be able to get my alt there if it's not on smp3.
  12. Sorry! I always like to discuss. That was just what I assumed, but I misinterpeted what you were saying. It is part of my personality that I love to discuss, and I am sorry if I came off rude. I am always happy to be proven wrong :)
  13. Bump! I will be camping so I won't be in game, but it looks like SMP2 is going to win! I will be posting more info soon, but I won't be in game for a week.
    deathconn and TechFilmer like this.
  14. Bump! Poles are closing on Monday!
  15. Looking for players to help with the farms, If you are looking to help, feel free to shoot me a PM. Thanks,
  16. Congrats to SMP2 for winning the poll! On Thursday, I will be mining a tunnel in the nether, and find a site. After that, I will be leading daily expeditions. These expeditions will have different goals daily, and will be lead by myself and EMC Society members :)
  17. Bump!

I have delayed expeditions until next week, but I am very close to finding a location. More info on the government structure as well as a schedule will come soon.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  18. Bump!

I am sorry for continuing to delay this, but this will happen eventually. I will be mining a tunnel over the next few days, and I will keep working on plans for the government and an expedition schedule.
  19. Hello everyone,

I would like to say to start that the Project Greece is still going on. I know updates and progress have been slow, but this still lives on.

On a second note, I am handing down the project to my dear friends, luckypat and deathconn, who will help with the project as well as appoint a manager for the outpost. These are two wonderful members of the community who I know will take good care of the society and Greece/

Because of my olympic training, job, school, and upcoming operations, I do no longer have time for EMC. An official thread will be posted about my leave, but for now, this is a 1 month notice. Over that time I will mold the society into a set image, and help move projects along.

If for some reason the society encounters projects, I will help strongly forward Project Greece as well as The EMC Society.
  20. I might be very late saying this, but Spartans not only lived off of hunting and such, they had a great sence of pride in their city state and valued the art of war above arts and crafts, their god of choice was Ares the god of war (not Kratos as many youngin would like to believe :D) and they thrived off of war, its a shame they were no more after sometime :( if it wasn't for their strong military tactics they wouldn't have survived for so long, Athenians are just little kids in comparison ;)