Problem with cat spawn eggs - British Shorthair?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by LindenNZ, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Is there a known issue with British Shorthair cat spawn eggs? Whenever I use them instead of getting the right variety I get random other varieties.
    607 likes this.
  2. Hmm, no one has reported it before now. We will get it looked into and fixed. :)

Edit: Update. I just tested this on my test server and they eggified, and respawned just fine... It seems possible you are trying to use old spawn eggs that have broken. If that has happened, there isn't anything I can really do about those broken ones - unless I manually replace them.

If you have some unused eggs that are causing a problem. I can take a closer look at them.
    607 likes this.
  3. They are quite old ones that I dug out of storage. I don't mind tracking down some new ones. I might spawn and re-egg the others just to refresh them.

Thanks for checking anyway.
    UltiPig and 607 like this.
  4. I've been trying to find someone who has eggs that work and a few other players have been experiencing the same issue, just with that breed from what I can tell. I've bought some from shops and they're also not spawning correctly but they may have been older eggs too.
  5. I have found the code issue. This is only going to apply to the british shorthair cat eggs from pre-1.19.

I will try and write a fix to automatically fix them
    607, LindenNZ and ThaKloned like this.
  6. I tried all other eggs and they spawn the correct variation. The only issue is new eggs won't stack with old ones (likely eggs before update if I had to guess) but easily fixed by spawning them and re-egging them.
  7. I have wrote a fix for it that will fix the old eggs as well.
    Tuqueque, ThaKloned and UltiPig like this.
  8. Thank you so much! :+1: