Posting / Spoiler help

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Daxxus, May 18, 2015.

1. Allright, I am trying to make my forum thread for my outpost. Below is the EXACT code that is currently bieng used.

EDIT: To clarify, it was a straight copy and paste, no editing whatsoever.

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR=#339966][SIZE=7]Kaas City[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#339966][SIZE=7]SMP3 Frontier Outpost[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR=#0000ff]About Us[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Kaas City is an application based community located in the Western Wilderness of SMP3.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Anybody is welcome to apply to become a resident, and there are enough jobs for everyone.[/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR=#0000ff]Laws[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]As the Mayor of this town, I have laid 5 simple laws to govern daily life.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Following these rules will allow for all residents to thrive in a successful, fulfilling environment.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER](Note: The laws will remain unchanged (unless ABSOLUTELY necessary), but I reserve the right to add laws as needed for the benefit of the city. In this case, due notice and time will be given to adapt.)[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SPOILER=Kaas City Charter of Laws][/CENTER]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]If there is ANY argument or problem, the mayor has final say. Respect the ruling given to you. Only if the Mayor is unable to resolve it will EMC staff be contacted.
    [*]Build locations must be zoned and approved by the Mayor or Zoning Officer before construction begins.
    [*]Entering a residential plot that does not belong to you is considered breaking and entering and will be punishable.
    [*]When you pick a profession, you are responsible for the jobs involved with said profession. (Ex. If we run out of wood, the Lumberjack would be blamed)
    [*]*Reserved Space*
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ffffff][/SPOILER][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/LIST]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#0000ff]Town Layout[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Kaas City is ever expanding, making room for new and epic builds. Check out the map :D.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]When you join Kaas City, you will be given a personal home plot. This is YOUR space, and nobody else is permitted to enter it without your permission (See Law 3)[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SPOILER=Kaas City Map]*Placeholder until some construction is done* :p[/SPOILER][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR=#0000ff]How to join Kaas City[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER]If you are interested, leave a comment here or send me a pm. All I ask is that you include these basic things:[/CENTER]

[CENTER]1. IGN[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]2. What time you are online (/time)(not necessarily at the outpost, just online)[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]3. What skills would you bring to the town?[/CENTER]

[CENTER]If your not looking to join, leave a comment anyway :D. I will be happy to simply have a conversation.[/CENTER]

Now, if you go to http://empireminecraft.com/threads/established-smp3-kaas-city-official-thread.52557/ you will see that a few things are wrong. There is an extra laws spoiler, and a random 1. below the spoilers. There is absolutely no coding that would make this to happen. What do I do?
  2. First of all, I'm really sorry you used the BBcode itself and not the easy text editor at the top.

To fix the spoilers, move the code for the colors, font size, and font face to inside the spoiler and make sure the actual spoiler tags are in the default text. If you need a little more detailed guide on that, I recommend reading this (just read the cause of it; the rest doesn't apply in this case).

For the extra one, just move the [/list] above the [/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms][CENTER][COLOR=#ffffff][/SPOILER][/COLOR][/CENTER] and that should fix it. Here's a screenshot of what you need to change it to:

3. Yeah, that's it, after 10 minutes of messing with my post, I finally just deleted it and started again. That's what I meant the first time.

In the future, don't use the code to format posts. It's much more confusing than just using this thing:
    FormatBar.PNG
  4. Ok, I actually didnt use the code, it just sorta popped up when i copied it. I did in fact use the editer. That isnt what I see when I edit it. I will upload a screenie or 2 to show what I see.

EDIT: Screenies (they overlap to show everything)

5. First thing you should do (IMO) when editing / making a post is to click the "More options" button. That gets you in a more sane editor. One which also allows you to easily switch between markup & code editing (bb code vs. the normal rich text editor). I see it every time when I need to edit a post of mine; the initial window sometimes hardly works but then the regular editor always does.

So I can't help wonder if this could also help you out here.
    PenguinDJ likes this.