Post a picture of your desktop

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by IRuffles, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Yes, I use Fraps (I have a 6 TB hard drive so file size isn't a problem :3), then I fire up Vdub, set compression to Xvid 720p (I rarely use 1080p because that's a waste of time) with the res of 1280x800. And MPEG-3 audio formatting.

Vdub (Or rather the codec) can compress an 18.5 GB video into a 2.25 GB. Yeah.

As for a mic, I don't speak. I'm an introvert; to make it worst I have social anxiety.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety
    It's also why I usually never get into fights, but I do go passive-agressive.

For recording external audio, use a legit microphone, and I believe Audacity (free) records and formats that audio, so you can sync it with the game audio + video.

<3
    The new games by EA sucks. I liked the older games when Westwood Studios had their own power to make their games and EA has a good creative crew to build the Generals franchise. That's also why I stopped recording Ra3, because the gameplay was unbearable.
  2. here is mine [it is my shop]
    Edit: i have no idea how to take screen shots i use a acer laptop.

Attached Files:

3. Ok I heard that your background says something about your personality. Well.... that does not leave much good things for me :(
    pat2011 likes this.
  4. Haha, I've never heard that particular expression before. I assume you mean favorite? Bottom left. Her stage name is 써니 (Sunny), her real name is 이순규 (Sunkyu Lee). I think my desktop background happens to be one of the least flattering photos I've seen of her though, so here are some better ones: 1 2 3.
  5. Untitled.jpg

Dual Monitor FTW... Excuse the mess, but thanks to the Army, my desktop is really the only place i can be messy. And my bg isnt usually that, changed it to view, and was to lazy to change back :p. Due to my massive amounts of video/photo/graphic editing.. I just wind up with different solids and such all over my desktop. But I also use my search bar alot, so alot of my mainly used programs are not on the desktop.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  6. My laptops always had a FN button on the left hand side between the Windows and Ctrl buttons. (the one I use does) Hold that and press the button that has Prt Sc (print screen) and then open paint/paint.net/photoshop/whatever you use and paste it in there.

After seeing some of these desktops, I will no longer gripe at my hubby for having a butt-ton of icons on his :p
    alexschrod likes this.
  7. o wow Horizon... cheat on xbox much? lol...
  8. Macs FTW! (This is the result of a year of tweaking, menubar-inverting, and apps. So many apps.
    yankees518 likes this.

9. Is it odd that the only actual program on my desktop is Minecraft? Pretty much everything else is on the sidebar or in Dash.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  10. i want to live in your back ground.

in fact

Screenshotat2012-04-24174702.jpg
  11. No I haven't used it yet :D
  12. That's Kubuntu, right? Or some version of Ubuntu... :D Pretty cool wallpaper and OS!
  13. Awesome background, and that little sword minecraft icon is awesome. Where did you get it? I just have an "HD"ish dirt block.

Hahahaha! Nice :p

14. My Windows 7 desktop is a bit more cluttered, and it took ages for me to return to Ubuntu because Windows decided it wanted to install a dozen updates (I rarely use Windows anymore at home).
  15. I believe it's part of 1.2 at this link.
  16. Here's My dual wielded desktop :p. I use my laptop and attach a separate monitor from an old computer :D pretty much just for live map cause i LOVE that thing :)

Attached Files:

PandasEatRamen likes this.
  17. Sorry i had to edit post for some reason it didnt upload :D
  18. Ohh Thankies!

Nice! I like the wallpaper :D

19. I am not big on cluttering the desktop. :)
    I plan to update my photo collage now that my wife has sent new pictures, especially of my dogs. :)
    hayleycolgan likes this.

20. I wish to be president of this planet one day.