[POLL] Texture Pack made for EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Erektus, Sep 26, 2015.

?

Do you like this idea?

Yes 14 vote(s) 73.7%
No 5 vote(s) 26.3%
  1. So for a while now I've been thinking about creating a texture pack just for Empire Minecraft, and while creating it, I would get input from users on what they want to see (such as more modern or medieval) and even get some other graphics artist to help out with it.

Before I even begin this, I want to hear your opinion on the idea and if you would use it or not.
    BlinkyBinky likes this.
  2. I would def use it along as its not too different to default. Also, modern
    whatkom likes this.
  3. I'll argee with builderDaNub, I whould like it, but cause I'm minecrafting 7 years now on default I whouldn't like it to play on a texture pack that isn't looking like that...
    whatkom and Kytula like this.
  4. Great idea! I like medieval better, but that's just me.
    BlinkyBinky likes this.
  5. I would only use it if it sticks really close to default like my current ones
    Kytula likes this.
  6. Not a bad idea in theory, but unlikely to work well in practice. Everyone has their own tastes when it comes to TPs - some like modern, some like medieval, some prefer default, and some want photorealistic high-res. There's so much variation and preference that it's unlikely you'll end up with more than a few users who'd rather take that over whatever TP they're currently using.

For my part, I've been using a personally-edited version of Painterly for a couple years now, simply because I prefer the mostly-default look.
    PenguinDJ and xHaro_Der like this.
  7. I like this idea ^_^ I like it close to vanilla as possible but making the landscapes and sky more natural looking.
  8. I agree with this. Some people might like it, but I personally would see it as just another texture pack option on top of the other few thousand out there. I personally use R3DCraft x128 with missing textures and the fire texture replaced with Sphax x128 (so a fan of faithful-realism). I wish you good luck if you decide to go along with this, though :)
  9. The highest requested design will be created, and those who do not like it don't have to use it.
  10. I still think the best texture pack is the default. For some reason makes me feel like a cucumber.
  11. I honestly believe this will become just another texture pack, but with the Empire Minecraft name on it, not a texture pack officially for Empire Minecraft. It's impossible to create a texture pack that any large number of players will use.
    607 likes this.
  12. Well, what would be the benefit of it?
  13. I see no true point in this
  14. Neither do I in your immature comments on my threads, but you're still doing it.

Get a life kid.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  15. Wait, earlier I was mature. Now I'm just confused.
  16. What we could do is have a few different EMC texture packs that are collaborative efforts, so there's one for most different tastes and many people can say they had an input on it.
    Of course, that would be very difficult but it might be worth it in the long run.
    There's no true point in a texture pack, it's just something for people to enjoy. Most servers have their own official texture packs anyway. It doesn't affect you personally unless you choose to use it, so don't shoot it down instantly.
    PenguinDJ, 607 and whatkom like this.