[POLL] Should mob grinders/spawners be removed from the Empire?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jkjkjk182, Jun 16, 2012.

?

Should mob grinders/spawners be removed from the Empire?

Yes. (Please explain) 3 vote(s) 3.8%
No. 76 vote(s) 96.2%
  1. I would say yes, because of the new update of exp mining..which is 10x easier then grinders
  2. But would that be a reason to stop using/get rid of them? Not IMO,because we still need the mob drops.
  3. Mob grinding will still be the fastest most efficient way to gain exp.
  4. Mining ores is the " easy/boring ' way out. So what it gives you more xp, nothing feels better then to grind from a grinder!
    jkjkjk182 and Manglex like this.
  5. Nothing against grinders, personally don't use it other then for the delicious umaibo and bones :l

They still gotta fix the overworld spawning of monsters somehow, or there's just no other options to get these things except finding spawners. :l
  6. From what i have heard ICC say, the craftbukkit developers are working on a fix for that right now:)
  7. Anyone else have more input?:)
  8. Personally, I dislike grinders. I'm very much of the opinion that when I'm playing a game, I want to play the game. I don't want to sit in one spot and mash a button until my exp bar pops. However, I understand that many people use them to enchant their items, and I see no reason to remove them. :)
    imBobertRobert and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. I feel that they should not be removed, as they are a part of Minecraft. If they were to be removed, it would affect that "Vanilla" feeling.

As for the issue of people afking at spawners exceeding the mob limit, causing all natural spawn to cease, here's my suggestion; Perhaps we could have all hostile mobs despawn every x period of time in the wilderness and nether, e.g 15minutes. This would allow more mobs to spawn naturally in the non-town worlds, at the same time not having people afking at spawners for long period of time.
  10. I'd be good with every 30 minutes. :)
    TheSpyPie likes this.
  11. What we should try to get is a command for mods/admins that allows them to kill all mobs in a certain radius of specified player:) so /kill all jkjkjk182 16 :) that way we dont have to time or grinding, and they can take care of the problem players specifically:)
  12. On one of the other servers that I am on, they have a plugin that has Herobrine come and kill anyone who remains stationary inside a spawner zone for an extended period of time. Most of the time they aren't paying attention to respond to the assault anyways and its funny to see Soandso was killed by Herobrine in the chat.. xD
  13. I think that would be hilarious, but it might scare off new players...:p
    autumnrain26 likes this.
  14. actually... i know a way. if you get xp for everything you smelt, then why not build a massive tree farm and farm that, then smelt up the wood into charcoal, then melt cobble, then break cobble, repeat. oo source of xp! and you can do it in town!
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  15. I can see it now.. xD
  16. This thread isnt about any marketplace...
  17. Grinders have always been an issue, but made even worse by the bug that isnt despawning mobs when the chunk unloads. Hopefully in 1.3 there will be fix for that and natural spawns will begin to function properly again.

As for the poll, i too vote no.
    I pm'd Justin, ICC, recently an idea i had that would cap mob grinders at a sensible number, so that if you go afk/stop killing, it doesnt fill up with hundreds of mobs causeing lag, and maxing out the max mob limit.
    Only effect it would have is we would need to kill mobs more requently, rather than letting it fill up, which is a small price to pay for a more stable and lag free server.
    Plus it doesnt work any faster by letting it fill up, its mere convenience.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  18. Could Justin implement a mob cap per chunk so grinders couldn't get so many mobs?
  19. Aikar's advocate here:
    Yes, Aikar and d1223m made a plugin that does most of the ideas discussed in this thread.
    I vote no, mostly for reasons others have discussed. I saw one point that it is more fun to play the game than stand idly in one spot for an extended period of time. Yes, but I AFK grind (killing eery 15-20 minues, ofc) when I have work or stuff to do outside of MC.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  20. The thing is some people get 600 mobs and nothing will spawn naturally, so that wrecks it for darkrooms spawners. If Justin could make it so is only 100-150 mobs per chunk the rest of the server could go on normally