[Poll] Mobs only dropping XP when /you/ kill them

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Feb 15, 2016.

?

Mobs no longer drop XP if player didn't kill them

Poll closed Feb 29, 2016.
Good change. 45 vote(s) 55.6%
Bad change. 30 vote(s) 37.0%
Other (please leave a comment below!) 6 vote(s) 7.4%
  1. You just bought it and didn't help build it? --sobs-- Duuuude, you missed the best parts!

One of my favorite memories on EMC is working on Scharb's gold farm (my first time helping build one). We were partway done and most of the portals were on when Scharb hit a pigman by accident and broke some key blocks unleashing the hoard. 100s of pigmen chasing Scharb over and over again as he died and then tried to get his stuff back from the thieves. I pearled up into a tree to escape them, and then couldn't stop laughing :D
    M4ster_M1ner, ToddV and Pab10S like this.
  2. I bui
    I built it XD, well i did like 60% forgot to mention XD and that happend too me to XD
    khixan likes this.
  3. Time for more GMPOTLA!

I mean bump, or maybe... No, I have a way to avoid bumping this thread:

Small update

Someone pointed out to me that the change which started all this is also a reported and confirmed bug in Minecraft. So I updated the first post to mention that as well.

And now for the moment you have all been waiting for :D

It's just another way of bumping, honest...

Oh, you insist on knowing because I kept you into suspense for too long already and if I don't you'll just stop reading this post? Can't have that!

Get My Post On Top of/the List Already!

And there you go :)
    607 likes this.
  4. I don't think anyone is going to be surprised at the poll results. I'd be more interested in a poll asking whether XP should be reduced based on how mobs die.

I was thinking earlier today regarding the XP reduction on normal mobs. I often hear the question: "If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound?".

A similar MC question might be: If I hit a Zombie with a sword and he falls of a cliff and dies, should I receive credit for the kill?

Or: If I am playing in PvP and take advantage of two people fighting and kill someone who was already injured, did I really kill him?

If I make water push a Zombie into a water elevator then cause more water to push him into a hole and he falls, resulting in the loss of most of his health, do I deserve credit for that damage?
    M4ster_M1ner and 607 like this.
  5. And here is the weekend bump.
  6. This is regarding the reduced xp drop because of environmental damage.

It doesn't make sense to me that a game like Minecraft, that requires players to be creative and gives them a thousand ways to express their imagination, would limit our options for completing any task. Here are some items/blocks that were given to us to aid in mob killing (and other stuff):
    • Swords
    • Bows
    • Splash Potions
    • TNT
    • Anvils
    • Trapdoors
    • Pistons
    • Lava
    • Fire Charges
    • Snow Balls
    • Fishing Rods
    • Cactus
    • Etc
    Look at all that: do you want me to believe that the only "true" way of killing a mob is by hitting it with a sword or a bow? And all the rest were just unintentional additions to the game?
    I have a pigman farm that requires me to give the final hit to kill them. I used all my creativity (and rupees) to make it, and now I'm gonna get less xp just because falling damage isn't what EMC considers "true damage" or something? That's nonsense.
    PenguinDJ likes this.