Please reset PARTS of the Frontier

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Unoski, Feb 15, 2014.

1. YOU don't but others players may.
  2. But picture a new player on the server, they go to make a base and, they don't know where to go, they go through the landmined beauty of frontier hoping it ends, but it really doesn't. Trust me, I made my base pretty far off.
  3. It does end, at my base it is untouched land, with a 10k untouched land towards the outpost, and they have reset around the spawn before, but it got destroyed almost instantly after they did,
  4. Totally agree 110% with this.
  5. Yeah, my base is pretty far, but when you were brand new, did you want to see a destroyed place? I went on a server yesterday a new one, it had destroyed land, and I didn't stay. I deleted the server.
  6. +1 I mob fight and I always die due to this problem
  7. well its only deserts getting completely wrecked why not make the spawns into another biome somehow...
  8. That would involve moving the actual outposts. This could cause problems because they could move far away from someone's outpost, making travelling difficult. They're all at set lengths and directions from the middle outpost anyway
  9. well why dont they just reset 5k out from each spawn?
  10. I personally hope the PRA's don't get reset anymore in the frontier. It messes up my rails, tunnels, etc
  11. oh yeah i forgot about my stuff, it would mess up my portals beside spawn, i have mine so it spawns and i walk 2 blocks and i am in protected spawn, in a mineshaft,
  12. I posted a fix suggestion for this problem ages ago, and have posted it several times since.

People want resources, in easy reach. That's why we have the Wastelands.

The Frontier should just be set to no build for a 10k square around the Outpost. That way, people would go to the Wastelands instead of the frontier.

Easy.
  13. They should've reset the Frontier when they introduced the new Wastelands. That would've been much better.

I guess we just gotta wait till the day that Minecraft comes with a new world update that makes it impossible to upgrade the current frontiers and forces us to make a new Frontier.

It happened before somewhere around 1.8.2, it was just fine then.
  14. The problem with that though, was that with the last reset that (I believe) introduced Jungle biomes and had the issues with the invisible walls across the maps, people had been told emphatically: "Don't build in the Wild as it may get reset."

Now, EMC have said: "Build in the Frontier!" so unless they want a lot of upset people on their hands, they can't realistically ever reset the Frontier again as they're actively promoting people to build in it. It would have to be a real game breaker for it to have to happen.
  15. no I mean somehow just filling in the holes with dirt would that work?
  16. Yes, but this time they get a clean, not raped, nice piece of land in return. This would mean that the both worlds have a CLEAR purpose.

Wastelands: Newbie comes into wastelands, sees everything is mined/broken **thinks, hmm this must be for resource gathering**

Frontier: Newbie comes into the Frontier, sees a nice land untouched, good to build on **thinks, hmm I shall build my kingdom here**
    TheMiniKins likes this.
  17. I can not agree more
    Currently, most wastelands still look surprisingly great, meanwhile the Frontier looks like what the wastelands should look like.
  18. If they reset the whole frontier thing it'll be like. "Oh hey here's the LLO, I'll explore later when I get on tonight." *2 hours later* "Where did the LLO go..."
  19. The LLO could actually use a restart on some points. There are loads of unused houses with unclear purposes, unorganized things and all that.

I think it'd be better to get a fresh organized new start with a new better location!
  20. Thing is, however far out this small reset is, people will still go and destroy it, then we get into the argument on how far out, and so on, and it gets to be a pointless thing, I think what should be done is that everyone just accepts that nearby the spawn, its gonna be bad, but once you get a little further out, it gets better.