Players policing the auction forum

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by sgx2000, Aug 24, 2013.

1. ok, so we don't have a consensus here... we have a handful of people who want to continue to be highly annoying and a handful that sees the common sense logic and thinks those things should be left alone until serious enough to bring a moderator into it.
  2. Please, lets not take this thread the same direction that you took your political thread a while back. Now, Im going to ask you politely to please stop with the insulting against people who have different opinions than you. I will not be using the report button though, because I would rather solve this civilly rather than have anyone get in trouble over an easily solvable issue. :)
  3. I'm still not sure where you're getting the idea that making one simple post saying "Please only bump once every three hours" is highly annoying. It's one post, and all you have to do is acknowledge it and move on. Like I said before (again), a moderator's action is not required every single time somebody breaks a rule. If we were to all report a player the moment we saw them spam the chat or use caps once, our moderators wouldn't be able to get any actual work done. If a player is able to easily handle the issue, let them.

EDIT: I have a feeling that the reason you brought this up is because of this post on your auction: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/auction-horse-items-armor-enchanted-books.29505/#post-565378. xHaro_Der kindly corrected what you did wrong, and now you know to not do so. Do you really think it was necessary to bring a moderator in on that situation?
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. If I had an auction and bumped it wrongly, it would be because I didn't know the rules. I would rather someone tell me not to do it than get a mod involved.

What exactly is annoying? The fact that it goes to the top of the list again? or you just don't like people "playing mod" (which I don't think they're doing anyway)
    PenguinDJ and Kadboy like this.
  5. I love how everyone is referring to me but has yet to say my name.

On a side note, I don't care if you think I'm a nag or whatever you call it, I know I'm doing the right thing.
  6. .-. I was going to say your name... ;3
    lol Haro, even though you are dong the right thing, it's not just you. But, you have kind of stalked way to many auctions to reply with the same exact thing ;_;

And, a note to everyone on this thread:
    Why are you talking about players reminding others of the rules, when this is a suggestion thread, to have "Junior Mods" for the auction forum, it just doesn't add up.
  7. I agree that it isn't that big of an issue when people tell you not to illegally bump. People have told me not to illegally bump and then thats when I noticed that I had bumped early which I was previously not aware of. The players telling people to not illegal bump also helps the auctioner (is that a word?) recognize that they illegally bumped which can bring it to their attention when they weren't aware that they did and they will try not to do it again. Yes it can be a little annoying when people tell you that, but you have to accept it, acknowledge their opinions and advice, and move on, they have done nothing wrong. My first opinion when reading this thread was that it is annoying, but then as I went through I saw that the people who are doing it mean no harm and are just trying to make the community a better place. They aren't trying to specifically bug you so don't get angry at them when they do it.
  8. We're talking about reminding others of the rules because the point sgx is trying to make is that players shouldn't be doing that.
  9. Having the community politely police comes in handy, especially when the situation arises for newer members. I remember the community policing me on my first ever auction bumps, which helped me learn the caution and specific rules involved with hosting an auction. It may have seemed harsh to me that my bump was criticized at first, but only so longer later I realized the importance of someone policing me, just so I would understand for next time. Mods may need to come in only for repeat offences.
    PenguinDJ and jkjkjk182 like this.
  10. It looks like this thread is not going in the planned direction.

Well, if a staff accepts your suggestion what do you think would happen? People would get in trouble for reminding others of the rules? Oh and it is not our fault that some people can not read the rules.

I do not mind that people remind others about the bumping.

On another note, I hate it when people repost Suggestion ideas.
  11. Erm, I actually thought they shouldn't. Even though above I said they are doing the right thing, they aren't in the right way. It's okay for people to remind others of the rules, but by breaking those same rules, makes them hypocrites. The right thing to do is PM the auctioneer, if you are able to, or talk to them on there profile page (same thing.) The LAST way of reminding someone about Auction Rules is by saying "I tried to contact you, but I was unable to. I just want to remind you of the auction rules, that you can only "bump" an auction every three hours after the last post" on the actual thread. This way people don't back lash at you for reminding the person. :p Just my thoughts on this.
    Now, can we actually discuss about having Junior Mods ;_;
  12. ... Tekkit... *shivers*
    PenguinDJ and SkyDragonv8 like this.
  13. Without reading all of the above posts. The "Report" button is extremely useful, and if it is more urgent than that. You can send a message to a staff member. Sometimes a reminder of the rules isn't a bad thing and a staff member doesn't have to be that person to do it. But if someone is Watching each and every thread for rules breakings, that might be a bit excessive.

Just keep in mind. The rules on auctions is to prevent spamming on the forums. AND...
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  14. Chickeneer Saves The Day!
  15. Perfect! :)
    TheMinner333 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  16. I can totally see and respect all sides of this thread. The simple solution is simply.... Be Nice!
    Whether the bump was early or the auction set wrong... just be nice.
    It doesn't always take Staff to do this....
    If its NOT nice.... Report Button! ;)
  17. Yeah I totally agree. My old auctions i used to have random people just being mean about that kind of stuff when i just made a mistake.
  18. If what Chickeneer stated is what actually happens then I'm cool with that.

Reading that it means that a player posting in an auction to tell someone that they illegally bumped the thread wouldn't be one of the above reasons and thus shouldn't be happening. Also, what is happening is exactly what Chickeneer said was excessive which is a single player going into auction threads that they AREN'T bidding on to police rules. It's excessive and shouldn't be happening.
  19. It could be argued that this would count as relevant discussion to the auction at hand.
  20. well let's not argue that and just agree to not post unless you're bidding or asking a question about the auction items :)