Piwi Day 2024: Year of Knitting Piwi

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by 607, May 26, 2024.

?

Did you know who Piwi is before seeing this thread?

This poll will close on May 26, 2025 at 5:00 AM.
Yes. 9 vote(s) 90.0%
No. 1 vote(s) 10.0%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

The year of Geocaching Piwi is at an end. Piwi has picked up a new hobby: knitting!
    To mark the start of the Year of Knitting Piwi, there will of course be another giveaway in this very place. :D
    It is very simple: just pick a number from 1-20. :)

The winner will receive the following memorabilia:
    Knitted Hat, #FED83D, leather_helmet
    Knitted Dress, #3B7BC2, leather_chestplate
    Knitted Dress, #3B7BC2, leather_leggings
    Knitted Socks, #CBCECA, leather_boots
    Yarn, blue_wool
    2x Knitting Needles, stick
    shears
    Jelle68's Head, player_head
    Piwi Certificate, by 607, written_book

To earn an opportunity of obtaining these goods and be remembered as the winner of the Piwi Day 2024 giveaway, just pick a number from 1-20. :) Just check whether it hasn't been picked by someone else, first. ;) And make sure you agree to the terms and conditions below!
    It is not possible to join the giveaway if you have already won a Piwi Day giveaway in a previous year.

4. Joy_the_Miner
    5. Raaynn
    8. triphora
    9. daanhu
    11. LunarEndergirl
    12. LindenNZ
    16. Fred_TWK
    17. jacob5089
    19. ultipig
    20. Dufne

You will not distribute whatever you won to anyone, not even your own alternate accounts.
    You will not share the contents of the certificate with anyone but the other people who got it (607, Slvshie, Rhyblet, mjnoe70, Joniia, THE_OP_VILLAGER, Egeau, MoreMoople, SteamingFire, TomvanWijnen).

Have a wonderful year, everyone! :D
    ultipig, Palmsugar, Rhyblet and 3 others like this.
  2. After 90 minutes, not a single reply. You know what? I'm going to limit the numbers to 20. I highly doubt we'll get more than 20 entries anyway.
    By the way: in the original 2015 giveaway, there were 20 spots at the beginning, but I scaled it up to 30 when there was more interest than I had anticipated.
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  3. 9 holy piwi
  4. 16 :)

Thank you!
    607 likes this.
  5. I don't think Piwi is holy at the moment, but you're in!
    Thanks, added! :D

You might not realise, but this year it is 10 years ago that I first set a photo of Piwi as my profile picture!
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  6. Gimme a 5!

... 90 minutes doesn't seem that much time....
    607 likes this.
  7. Perhaps this year I'll get it! Happy late Piwi day!

I'll take 8 because it looks like two balls of yarn stacked on top of each other.
    607 likes this.
  8. 4 --- My favorite number
    607 likes this.
  9. Maybe not these days... in the Piwi Day 2017 giveaway I got 11 entries in the first 90 minutes. :rolleyes:
    What a lovely reason. :D
    Added! :D

I thought I'd posted this picture on EMC before, but I couldn't find it through Google. A few years ago my sister made a crocheted Piwi, which isn't quite the same as knitting, but I think it is topical here. :D
    MoreMoople likes this.
  10. 12 please

(Crocheted Piwi is very cute!)
    607 likes this.
  11. Entered, and I agree! :D
    LindenNZ likes this.
  12. good morning sixx! thank you for the reminder. now for my annual emc post…

can I get 20? my usual number is no longer available 😁
    ultipig and 607 like this.
  13. Yaaay, you're in! :D Yes, I noticed I was removing your number, but I thought you would be able to adapt. ;)
  14. I'll take 17 :) good to see Piwi day still going strong.
    607 likes this.
  15. Happy Piwi Day! I’ll take number 11 please!
    607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  16. This is where the tradition started; I hope to keep it going as long as I can! :D

And you two are helping to, thanks for entering. :D
    jacob5089 and LunarEndergirl like this.
  17. Sorry for not rounding things up yet, I've been quite busy. I expect to do the giveaway come weekend! If you haven't joined yet, there's still time to pick a number. :)
    jacob5089 likes this.
  18. I’ll take 19, please! Thank you for hosting this again. :) :)
    607 likes this.

19. Congrats, Fred_TWK!! Please send me a private message, then I will send you the items. :)
    jacob5089, Fred_TWK and ultipig like this.
  20. Nice video! :)

Fred :D :D
    607 likes this.