Pigxtreme

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Kryarias, Sep 2, 2020.

1. is it more efficient to make a gold farm in the overworld rather then the nether now? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, I just haven't played in a very log time and came back to my giant gold farm not working because of the design. Was think of remodeling but by the looks everyone is using overworld now?
    Kryarias likes this.
  2. Hey! In normal minecraft its not actually. But emc has changed spawning mechanics enough, that it is more efficient easier to use the pigman spawning mechanic of portals than make a nether farm. You can still create farms in the nether, the issue is that they require you to remove massive chunks of nether to remove spawning spaces, moving mob cap allocation to your farm, vs doing this, where your spawn numbers arent affected by the hostile mob cap, only the absolute mob cap. the portal design circumnavigates the issue of dealing with the natural mob cap.

technically you could make faster farms in the nether, but the farms would be so massive its not reasonable to build outside of a superscale multi person project. Also an interesting note is that, the portal based farms have a higher productivity ceiling since they arent bound by hostile mob cap, only absolute mob cap.

please note that this is only a subject of my testing, and may not be the final truth.

if you have more questions, or would like to see the design in game, let me know.

PS. I promise i am not ignoring people in my messages I am just busy.
    607, stormboy231, Kryarias and 2 others like this.
  3. Impressive.

Now to find a bell, on a cow, and steal that bell from that cow, so that your vast build can have.... more cowbell.

That or I give 35 emeralds to a villager and mail you the bell.
    Kryarias likes this.
  4. My personal version of this farm has plenty of cowbell :p
    607 likes this.