Pigxtreme

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Kryarias, Sep 2, 2020.

1. So around 5 minutes after my outpost was established me and my friends started work on this gold farm. 5 days later its done, and possibly the biggest gold farm on EMC.

Outpost members/Builders:

Kryarias
    PupInAction
    EMCFateBot
    Bunjimon348

(Gold Farm Stats) According to the math, in 12 hours it should produce the following:

1 dc of gold blocks
    96 dcs of rotten flesh

(Gold Farm Stats) The resources it took to build are as follows:

145,320 blocks of obsidian
    48,403 spruce trapdoors
    4,424 hoppers
    3,982 torches
    1,340 turtle eggs
    and a bunch of other things in little amounts.

took 5 days to build... lmao
  2. Trap door placing = torture T^T
  3. Wowzers I respect that gold farm.

Whats the next project?
  4. I remember when Bunjimon was just breaking ground on this project. I was helping level the nearby island as he began constructing the first portal frame. :)

I'm glad to see it take off! :D
    Kryarias likes this.
  5. It’s a different one :)
  6. Not sure yet, iron maybe.
  7. Oh? :eek:

My mistake, I mistook it for the one he built on SMP6.
    Nickblockmaster and Kryarias like this.
  8. Haha, it’s double the size of his current one. He is part of the outpost and helped a bunch.
  9. he did help a bunj....see what i...see what happened? ok ill walk myself out.
  10. Is this the third time in one or two months that someone makes the new biggest gold farm on EMC? :p
  11. Maybe :p
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  12. Impressive! Looks like all that obsidian was put to good use :D
    Nickblockmaster, Kryarias and sonicol like this.
  13. All my mineral mincers cried and cracked to gather some of the osbidian in this build (to sell to kry :p )
  14. Definitely

:p
    majorp7 and sonicol like this.
  15. not quite joy, his design is the same except for some collection stuff. Mine will be that big soon enough

607... there maybe another one in the works. not sure it will be this month tho
  16. Cool now make a ghast farm
  17. Make a carrot farm In it. Infinite golden carrots
  18. Welcome to EMC.
    Regular vanilla farms don't work the same way. Spawn rate/render distance/entity limits and difficulty levels affect the way you will be able to properly farm.

Let me know the actual drop rates as they will be no where close to what you would expect.
    Also Check /v biggoldpyramid on smp4
    607 and Kryarias like this.
  19. The drop rates are based on a farm just like it on emc just multiplied.
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  20. Yes. There is decent bit of math behind this design. Those numbers were extrapolated from my personal half sized farm which has produced a dc of blocks in roughly 23 hours.

The two key limiting factor that I identified were spawning & EAR distance and entity count.

The pigman spawning via portals mechanic seems to follow the same non vertical 64 block rule as all other mobs on emc, what it does not seem to follow, is the 32 block entity activation range. as pigman outside the 32 block radius when spawning will immediately aggro onto the turtle eggs and move towards them, instead of freezing. I will state that I believe this is intended behavior, complying with the random EAR wake up regardless of range.

hostile mob monitoring produces that Kry's farm only has ~125 pigman in the area at any time, meaning there is in theory the ability to double the size of the farm before entity issues are encountered. This 125 number agrees with the ~60 pigmen in the are at my personal farm. This number is a direct function of the avg distance between the portal block and the eggs and how far the pigmen have to fall. For farms greater than 2x the size of this I have a high entc version of this farm that in theory reduces the entity # by half. The farm is also placed on a entc chunk boundary, meaning that even if the farm was to reach entc capacity, that number is effectively doubled. This is also the reason there will be no manual option included in this farm compared to mine, Pupinaction's and Shawnfn's, all of which have manual options.

For farms greater than 2x the size of this I have a high entc version of this farm that in theory reduces the entity # by half.

based on this the farm should reach the expected production rates. If not I am excited to figure out where I went wrong and adjust these predictions accordingly

There is some future testing I have planned to identify how block ticks interact with the game world, to see if i can make the farm even more efficient but I haven't gotten to it.

I really appreciate any feedback on this stuff. EMC mechanics are harder to tease out than normal MC ones, due to the fact that all stuff has to be tested in survival, and a server with other people. Along with the fact that sometimes there are inconsistencies and other funky little behaviors.

- bunji
    Nickblockmaster, Kryarias and 607 like this.