Photography

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by HannahEB, Dec 20, 2015.

?

Would you like to see more photography?

Yes 15 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Nice! I have the same camera, and now I can see its potential for great pictures. B)
    HannahEB likes this.
  2. Bump =)
    HannahEB likes this.
  3. Hannah, I love your photos! :p
    Sachrock and HannahEB like this.
  4. Thank you very much :D
    fBuilderS and Jadziaa like this.
  5. I love these the most, honestly. Gotta love shady landscape!
    HannahEB and fBuilderS like this.
  6. Very nice!

I have a hidden love for photography. I haven't done much myself, but find it enjoyable and admire those who can commit the time to get just the right shot.

I love the first two of your recent ocean shots.

For your initial shots, they are good but I wonder if you could benefit from doing some photo editing. I know some purists might harp against making any major edits to photos, but if you consider the photos in any major publication, they have probably been edited. From most people's perspective, water should either be a beautiful blue color or an emerald green, not olive drab. This can turn a somewhat drab photo into one that is visually stunning. Of course you have to consider your motive for photography.

If you want to be creative and just "capture the perfect moment" including the perfect subject material, lighting, and color, then just keep shooting and you will find those special moments. If you want to create unbelievable images, consider learning how to use a graphics program or pair with someone who has a good grasp of one. You can even use a free-to-use program like GIMP, with the sophistication of Adobe Photoshop. Either way, education will be the key.

You already have an eye for taking great photos!

With the power of the internet and other resources, you can easily find everything you need to take your photo skills from wow to Wow!
    TotoStyle and HannahEB like this.
  7. She does edit ^.^
    HannahEB likes this.
  8. Thank you very much. I do normally edit all my photos however I just wanted to show what the photo would like like without filters/ and editing app used. Thank you very much for your advice, it's much appreciated. =)
    607 likes this.
  9. Aaaaah, I really love these!
    I kind of really like my desktop wallpaper too, though, but I think I need to set one of these as my iPad's :p
    fBuilderS and HannahEB like this.
  10. I checked out the edited picture too, and I got to say I like the one you posted here much more! :)
    (for reference:
    )
    skyrimed and HannahEB like this.
  11. Yeah, that one was on my phone, I just plugged the memory card in to upload them, which means they're all unedited. =)
    607 likes this.
  12. Thank you very much, it really does mean the world to me. Sure, go a head, it'd be an honour xD
    fBuilderS and 607 like this.
  13. I hope you don't mind a little constructive criticism. That edited photo of the beach is kind of a strain to the eyes. I suggest not making it as bright and blurred, but that's just my opinion.
    Your photos, you do you man
    HannahEB, 607 and fBuilderS like this.
  14. I agree, but that might be just a difference of taste. MeadMaker probably actually really likes that one.
    skyrimed and HannahEB like this.
  15. I highly appreciate constructive criticism, that's actually the reason why I created this thread. I want ways in which I can improve my photography and the quality of my photos. Plus, I'm very new to all this, I've been doing photography for just under a year now, and have only started using editing programs to an advance point. So thank you, I'll keep that in mind. I'd also really appreciate it if you checked out my instagram page and gave me some constructive criticism on that too. I'm always looking for things to improve on. =)
    skyrimed and 607 like this.
  16. I would if I were still on instagram. I can always ask Nex to do it for me, she's the only one who uses instagram. I'll be sure to check yours out the next time I'm with her :)
    HannahEB likes this.
  17. Thank you very much, highly appreciated =]
    skyrimed likes this.
  18. Of course b :)
    HannahEB likes this.
  19. Do you mind if I use this as my desktop wallpaper...?
    607 and HannahEB like this.