[ORGANIZATION] The Government of Server 8

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Erektus, Sep 10, 2015.

1. You guys will take your government and eventually take over all the smps. I await your coming with open arms. :)
  2. I nominate myself as First Tiger.
    This meeting will now come to disorder.
  3. You might want to add a disclaimer to the "account" as per the rules it would be in violation of the "banking" clause(although I see the same thing in many other places) just to cover your butt. Example disclaimer: all donated rupees are for "legal" effect donated to contributionteam and trusted to be used for this event, as they are intended to be.

A mutual "account" however is misleading and a sort of bank. both of which have been expressly forbidden on EMC :D... again, I know people do this all the time and out in the light of day even though it is expressly forbidden. I just like contributionteams fervor on the forums and would rather see him cover all his bases and this idea is pretty funny Even thoughbureaucracy is the ultimate killer of creativity, of which smp8 seems to be a pretty big host to :D
  4. You need to read the rules on Banking.

The term "bank" on this thread was used as a subtitle, for a list where transactions/spending of the organization would be kept. This is in no way an actual bank for anyone on SMP8 or anyone on Empire Minecraft period.

If I were asking for "loans" or promising people if they donated they would get their money back with/without interest, then a rule would have been broken.

And to address your statement about "bureaucracy is the ultimate killer of creativity",
    bu·reauc·ra·cy

byo͝oˈräkrəsē/

noun
    1. a system of government in which most of the important decisions are made by state officials rather than by elected representatives.
    If you didn't read the OP, all representatives are elected and voted on by everyone, the OP also stated this thread was solely for fun and education.
  5. Merriam Webster is your friend. Bureaucracy has more than one meaning:
    bureaucracy

noun bu·reau·cra·cy \by-ˈrä-krə-sē, byə-, byər-ˈä-\

: a large group of people who are involved in running a government but who are not elected
    : a system of government or business that has many complicated rules and ways of doing things

This, as far as I have seen is actually the most common use of the word bureaucracy, not the one you cited. It's the only way I use it anyways.

"to help with public projects, grief relief, and other public needs"

This would insinuate that people would have something to expect their money to do. Which is why I suggested the disclaimer. it's ok if you only read the part you wanted to though :p The open-ended-ness of "other public needs" would probably serve well as a disclaimer in most court rooms in the US. ;-)
    8808 likes this.