Online Game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by goofballbroker, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Managed to get a 256 tile, and then got bored. Clever game but I always seemed to get all the valuable tiles in a checkerboard pattern.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Thanks for taking the tad of a life I had
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. 0.0 I'm in the middle of a round still, for now i've got an 8192 tile
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. As much as I enjoy this kind of puzzle, 16384 is just taking things a little too far. 2048 is a nice challenge, 4098 in the same format (or board size) is an endurance test, beyond that you really ought to have an auto-save or something, for the time involved.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. It's actually really easy, oscilate left-down-left-up, and just move randomly. With the large board size, you're guaranteed a combine almost every move.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. I'm noticing this.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. I won the 16384 one too. With a huge board it's hard to lose. It just took a while.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. New challenge: try to lose.
    I just spent the last fifteen minutes literally doing nothing except cycling Up / Left / Down / Right / (repeat) like a numeric washing machine, and won. You can button-mash your way through this blind and eventually the numbers will come together for you.
    607, Equinox_Boss and DiabolusEx like this.
  10. yupp.png
    It's possible.

Just mash up->down until you can't anymore, then hold right. Repeat until stuck.
    607, Equinox_Boss and Kephras like this.
  11. 16384.jpg
    I decided to keep going after a while, just because.
    Apparently every tile above 16384 is black.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Oohhh, that explains why I was doing so well.... ;)
    QuarterStop likes this.
  13. So I did some math, because I have literally nothing better to do. Found out some random statistics about the game.

Max Moves
    Max Number
    Max Points

What these mean, respectively:
    • The absolute maximum number of moves possible in a 16384 game before you are forced to lose.
    • The value of the highest tile achievable, given a very specific set of circumstances.
    • The score you would achieve if you had only 2s, aside from the single 4 necessary to hit 2^65.

These values would take an absurd amount of time, luck and skill to achieve. I've only got to 2^21 (2,097,152) while spamming an up->right->down->left macro at such speeds that my computer stalls entirely. Unfortunately, I got a game over before hitting 2^22, and I can't get past 2^20 anymore.
    16384.png
    Equinox_Boss, supereskimo and Kephras like this.