One million rupee giveaway!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LZBZ_DW, Oct 2, 2012.

1. i was thinking the same thing - yeh ... and for the people in EST ... i think it's 3:00PM ...or Brazil 4:00 PM ... or UK areas 8:00PM ...
  2. idk difference in EDT (PDT) and EST (EDT) ... maybe something to do with daylight savings time - but i've always been taught the Standard Times not Daylight Times
  3. Yes, it is due to Daylight Savings Time.
    Daylight Savings Time is a fairly stupid system, which is why many other countries have stopped using it. I predict we here in the US will stop using it roughly the same time start using the metric system. Not all Americans are resistant to change, but enough to make up the majority it would seem.
    jkjkjk182 and margaritte like this.
  4. :D I wasn't sure about the time, thanks Mr.
  5. So am i correct on the times or do they need back (forward) an hour? ... and no prob Matheus :D
  6. Can someone translate the time to GMT +1? I'm confused!
  7. You are correct on the times, just not the terms, as nobody in the US is currently on EST. Since it's daylight savings we just rename our time zones to EDT... silly I know, but YES, your times are correct.
    EDIT: I should add, most people in the US don't even seem to know how this works. Those that do business with other regions in the world have to know though or confusion will ensue.

EIDT2:
    From wikipedia
    The name of local time typically changes when DST is observed. American English replaces standard with daylight: for example, Pacific Standard Time (PST) becomes Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). British English calls UK time British Summer Time (BST), and typically inserts summer into other time zones, e.g. Central European Time (CET) becomes Central European Summer Time (CEST). Abbreviations do not always change: for example, many (though not all) Australians say that Eastern Standard Time (EST) becomes Eastern Summer Time (also EST). In Australia it is also called EDT (Eastern Daylight Time)
  8. Wow, I totally thought it was to day >.<
    Oh, well. I'll be ready the next time :p
  9. Time for GMT +1 would be 8 PM.
  10. I think it is correct. I checked a time converter site thing, and it also said 4 PM, so yea.
  11. I am in Eastern Time, but I dont want it to happen during school lol.
  12. Perfect! I'll be there :)
  13. Ok just found out your two hours behind me, so I'll be there!
  14. OMG r u SERRIOUS THIS IS BOSS!!!
  15. Just a bump and a reminder:
    We are only 3 days away from this HUGE drop party!
    I am hoping to see SMP7 hit capacity during this time. Help me make this happen :)
  16. I'm eager!
  17. FOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDGGG......

I can't assist this! :c I wanted that dbl chest o' diamonds!
  18. Oh..all...that...stuff. God that will help with my Ore Block building on my res!
  19. Don't worry, I remember ;)