On Gravity in the Overworld (word heavy)

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Tex_97, Nov 12, 2013.

?

Is this gravitational theory credible?

Absolutely! 9 vote(s) 42.9%
It has several issues, but generally is credible 12 vote(s) 57.1%
  1. Well...
    If we assume the Minecraft world orbits the sun, then the edges of the Minecraft world move fast enough that it begins to suffer relativistic effects from approaching the speed of light.
    That's not good.
    So it make more sense to say the Minecraft sun orbits the world (take that Copernicus!). :p
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  2. Indeed, when I said "The MC world is MUCH longer than this," I meant to say it was grossly not to scale (sorry if I forgot to clarify that in my post:(). The idea is there, for those who read it, focus on the image only as a visual aid. So, yes, the other flaw also with my drawing as stated within it is that the minecaft world is super long, so from the angle I gave It should be an almost invisible line because of relativity. The ellipse therefore would follow suit, as you said well.
    So.. yeah! The science of earth does not apply to our world. The makers of this thread are on the right track, and make us the scientists of our realm. :)
  3. ...I've never wondered about Minecraft's gravity until just now. This all makes no sense to me, but you get a cookie. :D
  4. Aw, thanks!

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
  5. Is it bad that I tried to click that? XD
    5chris100 likes this.
  6. It implies obsession. I would suggest taking three cookies daily until effects cease.
    If symptoms persist, consult an actual doctor.
  7. No. Good.

And...does the MC world even end....?
    The far lands may be glitched but...does it end?
  8. A better question would be: Does the MC world even exist..?
    It could all be a dream, but we could never know.
    collect12 likes this.
  9. 5chris100 likes this.
  10. I started cracking up and I haven't even clicked "Play" yet.
  11. Newtonian and Einsteinian physics don't work in Minecraft and especially not with TNT. See it like this: When the sun comes up the world has the same light level independent how close or far you are from the horizon (it is a flat world). Not even the angle changes. If the suns up it is day and light everywhere and at the same time.
    Before I come to the TNT, the above can only be explained with quantum physics. To keep things simple: Every Steve has his or her own sun and moon circling around them, always with the same radius. That leads to the conclusion that Steve himself is the gravity. That can be easily seen when nobody is on the world, no sun or moon are circling.
    Now TNT: TNT is special in that sense that it can exist in and switch between dimensions. As long as it is not lit it shares the realm with the 'orbiting' tree or tower. Lighting it up makes it switch to the dimension of gravel and sand, and eventually it falls down. But that also means that Steve shares the exact same dimension with sand, gravel and lit TNT.
    Additionally there is the dimension of fluids. But this one is highly complex and hard to understand.

"Tell me:", Wittgenstein asked a friend, "Why do people always say that it was natural for men to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than the earth rotating around the sun?" His friend replied: "Obviously because it looks like the sun is going around the earth." Wittgenstein replied: "Well, what would it looks like if it looks like the earth was rotating the sun?"
    5chris100 likes this.
  12. This.
  13. there is a limit to the world, 26 billion blocks or so.. saw it somewhere on youtube.
  14. 5chris100 likes this.
  15. I tried poking all my cookies with my finger. Do I have a problem? *Goes to cookieclicker*
    5chris100 likes this.