Official Pokemon Go Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by THE_OP_VILLAGER, Jun 21, 2018.

?

do you play Pokemon go

Yes 45 vote(s) 64.3%
No 23 vote(s) 32.9%
No let me download it 2 vote(s) 2.9%
  1. Dang, congrats.. I still need mewtwo, Farfetch'd and Kangaskhan.
    AnonReturns likes this.
  2. I'm only opening gifts when I've got spaces for eggs to open :p Also what's your name> - I'll make more of an effort to open them over other friends xD

I've already got Farfetch'd and Kangaskhan from previous events - but no good IVs :p Tried to go Mewtwo raiding with my new flatmates, but it rained so we retreated :3
    Smooshed_Potato, 607 and AncientTower like this.
  3. I saw a Mewtwo raid while I was heading back home from doing stuff yesterday, heck no am I taking it on!
  4. I played this once but I'm to lazy to go out actively searching for specific pokemon to collect them all.
  5. Code: 5854 5874 3809
    Think I may have added one or two people already, but here you go :)
  6. :3 nice, glad to see you play this game too!
  7. Despite the Welsh weather, I had a pretty successful Chikorita day today and caught ten shinies :D

And I also did my first Mewtwo raid! Caught this beauty with my last ball <3

Overall a very happy Nony :3
  8. Start hatching those 7k eggs from gifts, that's the easiest way to get them. I have 3 Farfetch'd and 2 Kangaskhan's from those eggs alone. Also hatched 1 Mr Mime, although I already had him.

I caught 11 shinies but I didn't really know how the event worked so I didn't realize until the last 5 minutes that you had to actually evolve *during* the event in order to get the special move. So I very quickly evolved 1 regular and 1 shiny one just to get the moveset, but they ended up not being the ones with the best IVs.

I also caught several of the ditto's that were disguised as that bolt-looking pokemon, whatever it's name was.

I was also very happy to see a bunch of Anorith's out so I could get candies for that to get the evolution.

Oh and I finally reached level 35. Had I not quit playing this game for over a year I'd probably be up over 40 by now.

sgx2000 is my name on there :) I show up at the bottom of everyone's friends list. I should've made my name start with an A lol
    AnonReturns and AncientTower like this.
  9. I have been, just bad luck i guess. I've hatched 32 Alolan eggs and so far I've gotten 2 Porygons, 7 Geodude, 6 Meowth, 1 Vulpix, 4 Sandshrew, 5 Diglett, 2 Grimer, 4 Mr. Mime, and 1 Kangaskhan.
  10. I saw a couple playing Pokémon Go in the bus, today. That's not how it's supposed to work, is it? :p
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  11. Lol! Pokemon Go is for all ages, all sizes, all races, all everyone (well thats kinda receptive) to come to gather and catch virtual beings therefore crossing off a virtual list to compare to others! What could be more fun :D
    AnonReturns likes this.
  12. Yes, but the character on the screen is walking, which makes me think you're supposed to walk around doing it, not get driven around. :p
  13. So true! If you are going over 10 miles per hour (approx. 16 km per hour), it doesn't load pokemon or count toward hatching eggs! No cheating :p
    AnonReturns and Kabloofne like this.
  14. That's actually a really clever game mechanic, it prevents people from flying across the country and finding everything.
  15. I think it's a pretty obvious game mechanic. :p
  16. I don't have any local friends to do these big raids with rip

but today i learned from a gift that someone from here lives in the same town as my Aunt so that's neat! (definitely not saying who or where)
    AnonReturns and 607 like this.
  17. Even if you don't have any local friends to do the big raids with, try turning up at hatch time and if you're lucky you'll meet people in the same situation as you :D That's how I went about doing a Mewtwo raid on community day ^_^

Alternatively, check Facebook for a local raiders group, I recently spent three months in North Wales knowing nobody at all! But I found a friendly group through Facebook who were really welcoming and gave me a chance to do several 5* raids :3
  18. I'll try that! I do live in a very urban area anyway
    AnonReturns and 607 like this.
  19. If you use a Pokemon Go Plus or the Got-cha device that mimics the same mechanics, you can actually catch Pokemon or spin pokestops going faster than 10MPH. I use mine for when I'm driving so I don't have to look at my phone, it's a decent way to get some items when you're not actively playing. Also the Got-cha does it for you automatically which is nice.

Also, most communities have a local internet site, like a Discord, Slack, Facebook group, etc where players join up to coordinate for raids so yeah, google your area and you'll likely find something and if you don't then you should start one up and see who joins! Also, google "Silph Road Reddit" and post on there because you might find others in your area that reads that.
    FadedMartian and Smooshed_Potato like this.
  20. Awesome! Didn’t know about the plus and gotcha features could do that!
    AnonReturns likes this.